Topics for a physics presentation

In summary, there are countless interesting topics for a physics presentation, including the theory of relativity, quantum mechanics, black holes, gravitational waves, the Big Bang theory, and the search for dark matter. When choosing a topic, consider your interests, audience, and current events. For a beginner-level presentation, topics such as motion, energy, forces, and properties of light and sound are good options. To make your presentation engaging, use visual aids and interactive activities. There are also controversial topics in physics, such as parallel universes, time travel, and the role of consciousness in quantum mechanics, that can make for thought-provoking presentations.
MarkovMarakov

Homework Statement

I have to give a 10 minute physics talk that have to involve a fair bit of mathematics -- i.e. not just qualitative/handwaving material to some undergrads. I have wasted the last 3 hours looking for appropriate topics and have pretty much lost the will to live. Any suggestions Would be greatly appreciated.

Homework Equations

none

The Attempt at a Solution

[browser history]

Physics news on Phys.org
If I had to do this, I would read an AJP article and present it.

1. What are some interesting topics for a physics presentation?

There are countless interesting topics for a physics presentation, but some popular ones include: the theory of relativity, quantum mechanics, black holes, gravitational waves, the Big Bang theory, and the search for dark matter.

2. How do I choose a topic for my physics presentation?

When choosing a topic for your physics presentation, consider your interests and the audience you will be presenting to. You may also want to think about current events and new discoveries in the field of physics.

3. Can you suggest a topic for a beginner-level physics presentation?

For a beginner-level presentation, consider topics such as the basic principles of motion, energy, or forces. You could also explore the properties of light and sound, or discuss the different types of energy and their applications.

4. How can I make my physics presentation engaging and interactive?

To make your physics presentation more engaging and interactive, consider using visual aids such as diagrams, videos, or demonstrations. You can also incorporate hands-on activities or experiments for your audience to participate in.

5. Are there any controversial topics in physics that would make for a thought-provoking presentation?

Yes, there are several controversial topics in physics that could make for a thought-provoking presentation. Some examples include the existence of parallel universes, the concept of time travel, and the role of consciousness in quantum mechanics.