Rhodium Thermal absorption cross section.

In summary, Rhodium has a high thermal absorption cross section, meaning it has a strong ability to absorb thermal energy. This property makes it useful in various applications, such as in catalytic converters and as a coating for high-temperature materials. It also has potential in solar energy technologies due to its ability to efficiently absorb and convert sunlight into thermal energy. Overall, Rhodium's thermal absorption cross section makes it a valuable element in various industrial and environmental processes.
Nucengable
Rhodium has been measured and the following values have been obtained for the resonance parameters of a well-isolated resonance Eo=1.26 ev , σo=5000 b , Γ = 0.156 ev , σs=5.5 b , Is there anyone can help me HOW to calculate the thermal absorption cross section ? I'm disparate I don't know how to do it.
And if there's is a reliable up-to-date cross section information , I'm looking for the plot of Rh total cross section energy range from 0.2 to 40 ev ..
Thanks , any help will be great.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I can't find Rh-103 among them.

Nucengable said:
I can't find Rh-103 among them.
If you see a periodic table, click on the box [45, Rh], and to the right, there should be some options to click on 103 properties.

Astronuc said:
If you see a periodic table, click on the box [45, Rh], and to the right, there should be some options to click on 103 properties.

But is there any formula I can follow to calculate the thermal Absorption cross section for Rh-103 ?

One could get the n,γ cross-section like this. Set the cutoff at whatever energy.
http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/sigma/getPlot.jsp?evalid=4347&mf=3&mt=102&nsub=10

There are options to download the cross-sections as a function of energy in a datafile.
The interpreted option would give the data, or pick the option on that page.

Then one could do a curve fit. In the thermal range, on the log-log scale, there's a 1/E dependency, so it's a 1/v absorber.

Astronuc said:
One could get the n,γ cross-section like this. Set the cutoff at whatever energy.
http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/sigma/getPlot.jsp?evalid=4347&mf=3&mt=102&nsub=10

There are options to download the cross-sections as a function of energy in a datafile.
The interpreted option would give the data, or pick the option on that page.

Then one could do a curve fit. In the thermal range, on the log-log scale, there's a 1/E dependency, so it's a 1/v absorber.

I thought the dependency was 1/sqrt(E)?

WatermelonPig said:
I thought the dependency was 1/sqrt(E)?

Well since E ≈ v2... :redface:

1. What is rhodium thermal absorption cross section?

Rhodium thermal absorption cross section is a measure of the ability of rhodium, a chemical element, to absorb thermal energy. It is often used in experiments and studies involving the thermal properties of materials.

2. How is rhodium thermal absorption cross section measured?

Rhodium thermal absorption cross section is typically measured using a spectrophotometer, which measures the amount of thermal energy absorbed by a sample of rhodium over a specific range of wavelengths.

3. What factors affect the rhodium thermal absorption cross section?

The rhodium thermal absorption cross section can be affected by factors such as temperature, pressure, and the presence of other elements or compounds in the environment.

4. What are some applications of rhodium thermal absorption cross section?

Rhodium thermal absorption cross section is commonly used in research and development of materials for thermal insulation, energy storage, and heat transfer. It is also used in the production of semiconductors and other electronic devices.

5. Can rhodium thermal absorption cross section be altered or improved?

Yes, there are several methods that can be used to alter or improve the rhodium thermal absorption cross section, such as changing the composition or structure of the material, or adding coatings or layers to enhance its thermal properties.