How to plot it graph in Mathematica

In summary, to plot the potential inside a uniformly charged sphere of radius R, we can use the formula \frac{Q}{4\pi \epsilon _{0}}\frac{1}{2R}(3-\frac{r^2}{R^2}) in Mathematica. However, we need to assign values to the parameters (Q, epsilon_o, R) in order to have a function of one variable (r). The documentation for the Plot function can be referenced for any issues.
roshan2004
The potential inside of a uniformly charged sphere of radius R is given by [itex]\frac{Q}{4\pi \epsilon _{0}}\frac{1}{2R}(3-\frac{r^2}{R^2})[/itex].
Please help me on how to plot this equation in Mathematica

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the help, but it shows error.

You cannot plot it as a general formula. You need to assign values to the parameters (Q, epsilon_o, R) so you will have a function of one variable only (r).

Oops my bad, sorry :)

1. How do I plot a simple line graph in Mathematica?

To plot a line graph in Mathematica, use the Plot function and provide the expression or function to be plotted as the first argument, followed by the range of values for the x-axis. For example, Plot[x^2, {x, 0, 5}] will plot the function y = x^2 for values of x between 0 and 5. You can also add options to customize the appearance of the graph, such as adding a title or labels for the axes.

2. Can I plot multiple functions on the same graph in Mathematica?

Yes, you can plot multiple functions on the same graph by providing a list of expressions or functions as the first argument of the Plot function. For example, Plot[{x, x^2, x^3}, {x, 0, 5}] will plot the functions y = x, y = x^2, and y = x^3 on the same graph for values of x between 0 and 5.

3. How do I change the style or color of a graph in Mathematica?

To change the style or color of a graph, you can use the PlotStyle option in the Plot function. This option allows you to specify the style and color for each function in the plot. For example, Plot[{x, x^2, x^3}, {x, 0, 5}, PlotStyle -> {Red, Green, Blue}] will plot the three functions with the colors red, green, and blue respectively.

4. How can I add a legend to my graph in Mathematica?

To add a legend to your graph, you can use the PlotLegends option in the Plot function. This option allows you to specify the labels for each function in the plot. For example, Plot[{x, x^2, x^3}, {x, 0, 5}, PlotLegends -> {"Linear", "Quadratic", "Cubic"}] will add a legend with the labels "Linear", "Quadratic", and "Cubic" to the graph.

5. Is it possible to export a graph from Mathematica to an image file?

Yes, you can export a graph from Mathematica to an image file by using the Export function. The first argument of this function is the name of the file you want to export to, followed by the graph or plot you want to export. For example, Export["mygraph.png", Plot[x^2, {x, 0, 5}]] will export the graph of y = x^2 to a PNG image file named "mygraph.png". You can also specify the format of the image file by adding an additional argument, such as Export["mygraph.jpg", Plot[x^2, {x, 0, 5}], "JPEG"] to export as a JPEG file.