Changing border size in gnuplot

• Thread starter DrDu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gnuplot
In summary, to change the border size in gnuplot, use the command "set border" followed by a number. You can also specify which sides of the border you want to change and remove the border completely using specific commands. Additionally, it is possible to customize the border style and color in gnuplot.
DrDu
Science Advisor
I would like the frame in a gnuplot plot to be slightly larger than the range of x and y.
For those who know e.g. SAS, there it can be specified with "offset" in the axis statement.
Is there something similar in gnuplot?
(Obviously it would be possible to restrict the range of the function to be plotted, but that's not very practical with multiple plots.)

Physics news on Phys.org
To answer my own question at least partly, I found a "set offset" command. However, it seems to be buggy in combination with filledcurves and does not support different y axes.

1. How can I change the border size in gnuplot?

To change the border size in gnuplot, you can use the command set border followed by a number representing the desired size. For example, set border 3 will set the border size to 3.

2. Can I change the border size for specific sides only?

Yes, you can specify which sides of the border you want to change by using the command set border <left|right|top|bottom> followed by a number. For example, set border top 2 will change the border size for the top side only to 2.

3. How do I remove the border completely in gnuplot?

To remove the border completely, you can use the command unset border. This will remove the border from all sides and plots in gnuplot.

4. Is it possible to customize the border style in gnuplot?

Yes, you can customize the border style by using the command set border <line_type> followed by a number representing the desired line type. You can also use the command set border <line_type> lw <line_width> to specify both the line type and line width. For example, set border 1 lw 2 will change the border style to line type 1 with a line width of 2.

5. Can I change the border color in gnuplot?

Yes, you can change the border color by using the command set border lc <color>. You can specify a specific color name or use a hexadecimal code. For example, set border lc "red" will change the border color to red.