Question relates to Degree and some other simple question.

• Thread starter louis676
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Degree
In summary, the first conversation discusses the calculations for a car's stopping distance and time, as well as the distance traveled after a certain amount of time. The second conversation involves a ball being thrown at an angle and landing on a roof, requiring calculations for the distance from the thrower. The third conversation involves calculating the distance traveled by a car after accelerating for a certain amount of time.
louis676
1. Marcia was driving her car at the constant speed of 19.2 m/s when she saw the light turn red. It took her .13 sec to hit the brakes, but then the car slowed at the constant rate of 6.2 m/s2 until it stopped. How much time did it take for the car to stop moving after the light turned red.? How far did the car travel until it stopped?
Did I plug in the right number for each symbol?

I am confuse of which equation to use and which question should I put .13s to.

First question:

V0 = 19.2 m/s
A = -6.2 m/s 2
Δt = ?

Δx=?

Δx = V0Δt + .5a(Δt)2

Second question:
V0 = 19.2 m/s
A = -6.2 m/s 2
Δt = .13 s

Δx=?

Δx = V0Δt + .5a(Δt)2

2. Standing on a flat roof of a 21 m high building, Ali threw a ball up at a 60 degree angle to the roof top. The speed of the ball was 25 m/s. When the ball left Ali’s outstretched hand the ball was 3.1 meters from the roof top. The ball eventually landed on the roof. High far was the ball from Ali?

I never work on question related to degree, so I am pretty lost on this one.
Vo = 25m/s
A = -9.8 m/s 2
Vf = 0 m/s
Δx = ?

3. Maxim was driving his car at 15 m/s when he pressed the gas pedal down to accelerate at 5.2 m/s2. How far did he travel in the next 2.5 seconds?

I think this is correct.
Δx = ?
V0 = 15 m/s
Δt = 2.5 s
A = -5.2 m/s 2

Δx = V0Δt + .5a(Δt)2

Δx = 15 m/s (2.5 s) – 5.2 m/s 2 (2.5 s 2)

Δx = 37.5 m – 32.5 m

Δx = 5m

Physics news on Phys.org
Bump!

1. Draw a velocity - time graph.
2. Not sure how the rooftop and roof configuration.
3. Why the acceleration is negative? Draw a velocity- time graph here too.

Last edited:

What is a degree?

A degree is an academic qualification awarded by a college or university upon completion of a specific course of study.

What types of degrees are available?

There are several types of degrees, including associate's degrees, bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and doctorate degrees. These degrees can be further specialized in specific fields of study.

How long does it take to earn a degree?

The length of time to earn a degree varies depending on the type of degree and the specific program. Generally, an associate's degree takes 2 years, a bachelor's degree takes 4 years, a master's degree takes 1-2 years, and a doctorate degree can take 3-7 years.

What are the benefits of earning a degree?

Earning a degree can lead to better job opportunities, higher earning potential, and increased knowledge and skills in a specific field of study. It can also provide a sense of accomplishment and personal growth.

Can I earn a degree online?

Yes, there are many accredited colleges and universities that offer online degree programs. These programs allow students to complete coursework and earn their degree remotely, providing flexibility for those who may not be able to attend traditional on-campus programs.