Studying Abroad: English Bachelor Programs in Europe.

In summary: Hello,I'm looking for a university/college in Europe that offers English bachelor programs in Technology fields with low tuition fees. Preferably, the university does not require higher grades or transcripts. I'm from Algeria and would like to learn more about the language requirements for the universities in Europe. Would you be able to help?In summary, Some universities in Europe offer English bachelor programs with low tuition fees. Delft Technical University, University of Twente, and Technical University of Eindhoven are the three main technical universities in the Netherlands. Delft has the fewest English programs though. I'm about to start at Twente this coming semester. If you like the Netherlands, you can try there
aiisshsaak
Hello People,

I am seeking for universities/schools some where in Europe that offers English bachelor programs in technology fields "low tuition fees are preferable", it would be great if any of these universities don't require much like higher grades or transcripts coz I only got a High School Diploma.

**addition request, I heard there are some universities that have special programs can be taught for free and require only High School Diploma for admission requirements.

by the way, I am from Algeria.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Which languages do you speak? –You say you are from Algeria, do you speak french? Are you open to learn other languages?

The only language I am comfortable with is English, and I am currently learning French which I am not really good enough to study with. also, I am ready to learn other languages as German and Spanish.

Hi,

If you like the Netherlands, you can try there. Many school offer programs in English.
There are 3 main technical universities. Delft Technical University, University of Twente and Technical University of Eindhoven.
Delft has the fewest English programs though.
I'm about to start at Twente this coming semester.

hops1 said:
Hi,

If you like the Netherlands, you can try there. Many school offer programs in English.
There are 3 main technical universities. Delft Technical University, University of Twente and Technical University of Eindhoven.
Delft has the fewest English programs though.
I'm about to start at Twente this coming semester.

hello, thanks for ur reply.

Well actually I am planing to go and study there, but I am worried about the admission, is it difficult to get accepted?

I don't think I was going to get accepted. But I applied to all three and got accepted by all of them.
Only thing is, all school require your high school transcripts. Depending on your grades, and your age they might ask you to do an entrance test.
One thing most schools have started implementing is something called Binding Study Advice for the first year of study, which basically is that you can't continue the program if you don't get a certain amount of credits your first year. So in general they would let people in and see how well they do I guess

hops1 said:
I don't think I was going to get accepted. But I applied to all three and got accepted by all of them.
Only thing is, all school require your high school transcripts. Depending on your grades, and your age they might ask you to do an entrance test.
One thing most schools have started implementing is something called Binding Study Advice for the first year of study, which basically is that you can't continue the program if you don't get a certain amount of credits your first year. So in general they would let people in and see how well they do I guess

if you've applied to all three of them, and get accepted, u must be a super genius or somthing, so where do u come from? and what are ur grades in high school ?
which English test did u pass, and how much score did u get?

I'm far from being a genius. I'm from Aruba did average in high school, but went to a technical school after that in the field that I applied for.
The main thing with universities is that you really show interest in the field you wish to study.
Them seeing that helps your chances.
Apply to the schools you want to study and have a positive attitude, if you don't apply you'll never know if you would get in.
I did TOEFL, I can't remember my score, was a long time ago, but my English is pretty good so that wasn't a real issue for me.

hops1 said:
I'm far from being a genius. I'm from Aruba did average in high school, but went to a technical school after that in the field that I applied for.
The main thing with universities is that you really show interest in the field you wish to study.
Them seeing that helps your chances.
Apply to the schools you want to study and have a positive attitude, if you don't apply you'll never know if you would get in.
I did TOEFL, I can't remember my score, was a long time ago, but my English is pretty good so that wasn't a real issue for me.

what do u think about Fontys university?
do u know any other universities that have Chemistry or Physics bachelor program?

If you are ready to learn German, as you've stated, there would be fantastic opportunities in Germany for you, potentially. Virtually all undergraduate degrees are taught in German, though, and you need to be proficient in the language. However, fees are very low - some states require about €500 per semester, in other states it's completely free, also for foreigners. Also, entry requirements are very doable, either they only require you to have finished high school, or you go through a little application process, but competition tends to be ok, I think, not too intense. However, you would need to get your high school diploma recognized by the German authorities, which means a bit of beaurocratic hassle, and I cannot guarantee upfront that they will, you need to do some research on that. Engineering and technology education in Germany tends to be of a very high level, so a degree from a German technical university will open many doors for you around the world. My advice, if you're considering Germany, do some research about getting your education recognized by the German authorities as a first step.

bda23 said:
If you are ready to learn German, as you've stated, there would be fantastic opportunities in Germany for you, potentially. Virtually all undergraduate degrees are taught in German, though, and you need to be proficient in the language. However, fees are very low - some states require about €500 per semester, in other states it's completely free, also for foreigners. Also, entry requirements are very doable, either they only require you to have finished high school, or you go through a little application process, but competition tends to be ok, I think, not too intense. However, you would need to get your high school diploma recognized by the German authorities, which means a bit of beaurocratic hassle, and I cannot guarantee upfront that they will, you need to do some research on that. Engineering and technology education in Germany tends to be of a very high level, so a degree from a German technical university will open many doors for you around the world. My advice, if you're considering Germany, do some research about getting your education recognized by the German authorities as a first step.

hops1 said:
Here are some websites to help you find schools,

http://www.studyfinder.nl/
http://www.bachelorsportal.eu/
http://www.eurogates.nl/
Very helpful, thank you guys :)

1. What are the benefits of studying abroad in an English Bachelor Program in Europe?

Studying abroad in an English Bachelor Program in Europe offers a variety of benefits such as gaining a global perspective, experiencing a new culture, improving language skills, and enhancing career opportunities. It also allows for personal growth and independence, as well as the chance to make international connections and friends.

2. What are the requirements for studying abroad in an English Bachelor Program in Europe?

The requirements may vary depending on the specific program and university, but generally, students will need to have completed a high school education or equivalent, meet the language proficiency requirements, and have the necessary visas and travel documents. It is important to research and fulfill all requirements before applying to a program.

3. How do I choose the right English Bachelor Program and university in Europe?

Choosing the right program and university in Europe can be a daunting task, but it is important to consider factors such as the program curriculum, location, cost, accreditation, and student support services. It is also helpful to read reviews and speak with current or former students to get a better understanding of the program and university.

4. Will my degree be recognized internationally if I study abroad in an English Bachelor Program in Europe?

Yes, most universities in Europe have strong international reputations and their degrees are recognized globally. It is important to ensure that the university and program you choose are accredited and recognized by relevant organizations in your home country to ensure the validity of your degree.

5. Are there scholarships or financial aid available for studying abroad in an English Bachelor Program in Europe?

Yes, there are various scholarships and financial aid options available for students studying abroad in Europe. These include government-funded programs, university-specific scholarships, and external scholarships. It is important to research and apply for these opportunities early as they are competitive and often have deadlines.