Put these weights in order from smallest to largest

• Thread starter josie4040
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is asking for help in putting weights in order from smallest to largest and finding information on using prefixes of the metric system. The person eventually realizes they can find the information in their notebook and someone else suggests using Wikipedia for further assistance.
josie4040
can someone tell me how to put these weights in order from smallest to largest cg mg kg g dg dag km or are these in order? I keep getting foreign web sites when I look it uo. :)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
josie4040 said:
can someone tell me how to put these weights in order from smallest to largest cg mg kg g dg dag km or are these in order? I keep getting foreign web sites when I look it uo. :)
Do you know how to use the prefixes of the metric system ? Please see http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/ .

Not really just need to find this out so I can work on a project that requires some conversion. Looked at your site but need not see some of the units. Anyone else know of a good site please?

oop hold the phone doh! its on the inside of my notebook how to do it. How handy! LOL

Wikipedia may be helpful. See under 'Multiples' on this page.

1. What is the purpose of putting weights in order from smallest to largest?

The purpose is to organize the weights in a sequence that goes from lightest to heaviest. This allows for easier comparison and measurement of the weights.

2. How do I determine the smallest and largest weight in a set?

The smallest weight is typically the one with the lowest numerical value or the lightest physical weight. The largest weight is usually the one with the highest numerical value or the heaviest physical weight.

3. What units should I use when putting weights in order?

The units used for weights can vary depending on the context, but it is important to use the same units for consistency. Some common units include grams, kilograms, pounds, and ounces.

4. What is the significance of putting weights in order?

Putting weights in order is important for various applications, such as weightlifting, cooking, and scientific experiments. It allows for accurate measurement and comparison of weights.

5. Are there any exceptions to the rule of putting weights in order from smallest to largest?

There may be some exceptions, depending on the specific context. For example, in some cases, weights may be put in order from largest to smallest for convenience or to follow a specific convention. However, in most cases, the standard practice is to arrange weights from smallest to largest.