Bjorken's and Drell's classics.

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
It is unclear if "Relativistic Quantum Mechanics" will be republished, but it seems unlikely given the issues with the current edition at Amazon. In summary, Dover plans to republish "Relativistic Quantum Fields", while the status of "Relativistic Quantum Mechanics" remains unknown. McGraw-Hill is facing problems with the current edition, but it is still selling well.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I've seen at Amazon that Dover plans to republish "Relativistic Quantum Fields", does someone know if "Relativistic Quantum Mechanics" will be republish?

I read the reviews for the edition that they have at Amazon for the latter, and it seems the print is unreadable...

Physics news on Phys.org
MathematicalPhysicist said:
I've seen at Amazon that Dover plans to republish "Relativistic Quantum Fields"
Yes, this book is no longer appropriate for modern course on QFT, and sale of the book becoming a problem for McGraw-Hill.

does someone know if "Relativistic Quantum Mechanics" will be republish?

I read the reviews for the edition that they have at Amazon for the latter, and it seems the print is unreadable...

I do not think that McGraw-Hill will let this one go! It is still saling good.

Sam

What is Bjorken's and Drell's classic work?

Bjorken's and Drell's classic work, also known as "Relativistic Quantum Mechanics," is a fundamental book in theoretical physics that explores the quantum theory of particles and fields in a relativistic framework.

Who are Bjorken and Drell?

James D. Bjorken and Sidney D. Drell were two American theoretical physicists who collaborated on the classic work "Relativistic Quantum Mechanics" in 1964. They made significant contributions to quantum field theory, particle physics, and quantum chromodynamics.

What are some key concepts in Bjorken's and Drell's classic work?

The key concepts in Bjorken's and Drell's classic work include the formulation of the path integral approach to quantum mechanics, the introduction of the concept of gauge invariance, and the development of the renormalization group method.

How has Bjorken's and Drell's classic work influenced modern physics?

Bjorken's and Drell's classic work has had a significant impact on modern physics, particularly in the fields of quantum field theory and particle physics. Their work has been used in the development of the standard model of particle physics and has been cited in numerous publications in these fields.

Is Bjorken's and Drell's classic work still relevant today?

Yes, Bjorken's and Drell's classic work is still highly relevant today. Their work forms the basis for many modern theories and calculations in theoretical physics, and their concepts are still widely used and studied by physicists around the world.