Need Help with Egg Drop Design Due Tomorrow?

In summary, when designing for an egg drop, it is important to choose lightweight, shock-absorbent materials that can create a cushion for the egg. To increase the chances of survival, make sure the egg is securely attached and test the design beforehand. There is no one "best" design, so be creative and experiment with different materials and strategies. To stand out, think outside the box and pay attention to details. If the egg breaks, use it as a learning experience and observe other successful designs for inspiration.
Ghettobabe
i need egg drop designs it is due tomarrow and i have no clue what to do please help

rules- max. 2 different packing materials, 3 materials in all, egg cannot be fully covered and must be able to be removed without having to undo anything, no helium baloons, egg must be raw, no parachutes

if the egg breaks i get a 0 so please help :confused: :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
stuff a cone full of something soft then stick it in there.. Yayeah! pray that the tip of the cone hits the ground first.

I understand that you are in need of help with your egg drop design that is due tomorrow. Don't worry, I am here to assist you! First of all, take a deep breath and try not to panic. You still have time to come up with a great design that will protect your egg and earn you a good grade.

To start, make sure you carefully read and understand all the rules. This will help you determine what materials you can and cannot use. Remember, you are only allowed a maximum of 2 different packing materials and 3 materials in total. This means you will need to be strategic in your choices.

Next, think about the purpose of the egg drop challenge - to protect the egg from breaking when dropped. This means you will need to create a structure or packaging that can absorb the impact of the fall. You can use materials such as cotton balls, bubble wrap, or even paper towels to create a cushion for your egg.

Be creative with your design and think outside the box. For example, you can create a cradle using popsicle sticks and rubber bands, or a parachute using a plastic bag and string. Just remember to follow the rules and ensure that the egg is not fully covered and can be removed easily.

If you are still struggling, don't hesitate to ask for help from a teacher, parent, or classmate. They may have some great ideas that could inspire your design. Also, try doing some research online for egg drop designs and see if you can find any inspiration.

Lastly, don't forget to test your design before submitting it. This will give you an idea of how well it will hold up when dropped. Make any necessary adjustments and have confidence in your design.

I believe in you and know that you can come up with a fantastic egg drop design. Good luck!

1. What materials should I use for my egg drop design?

The materials you choose for your egg drop design will depend on your specific design and strategy. Some common materials include bubble wrap, cotton balls, straws, and cardboard. It is important to choose materials that are lightweight, shock-absorbent, and can create a cushion for the egg.

2. How can I ensure that my egg survives the drop?

There are a few key factors to consider in order to increase the chances of your egg surviving the drop. These include using shock-absorbent materials, creating a cushion for the egg, and making sure the egg is securely attached to the design. It is also important to test your design before the actual drop to make any necessary adjustments.

3. What is the best design for an egg drop?

There is no one "best" design for an egg drop. The most successful designs are often unique and creative, taking into account factors such as weight, aerodynamics, and shock absorption. It is important to experiment with different designs and materials to find what works best for your specific drop.

4. How can I make my design stand out from others?

To make your egg drop design stand out, try to think outside the box and come up with a unique and creative design. You can also incorporate different materials or strategies that others may not have thought of. Additionally, paying attention to details such as aesthetics and presentation can make your design stand out.

5. What should I do if my egg breaks during the drop?

If your egg breaks during the drop, don't get discouraged! This is a common occurrence and part of the learning process. Take note of what may have caused the break and use that knowledge to improve your design for future drops. It can also be helpful to observe and learn from other successful designs in order to improve your own.