Motion: Giorgio A. Tsoukalos A Scientist

In summary, a motion has been moved to consider Giorgio A. Tsoukalos a scientist for Maori Parliamentary Purposes. The poll will be open for one week, ending on July 16th, 2013. Some believe he should be considered a scientist, while others see him as a crackpot or showman. Despite this, some believe he could revolutionize science and bring it to the next level. Others argue that his theory about ancient humans and aliens is more rational than the belief in actual extraterrestrial beings. However, there are also those who do not take the poll seriously and see Tsoukalos as an alien himself. In the end, it will be up to the voters

Should Giorgio Tsoukalos be considered a scientist as per the thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
StevieTNZ
A motion has been moved that Giorgio A. Tsoukalos be, for Maori Parliamentary Purposes, considered a scientist. Those in favour will vote yes, to the contrary no.

The poll will be opened for one week, ending 16th July 2013 17:19 NZST.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think we should consider what he wants. Does he want to be considered a scientist? Maybe he wants to be considered a dog sled racer, or a tamale vendor. No one's asked him, have they?

LOL.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60139&d=1373347706.jpg

Attachments

• ancient-aliens-it-was-aliens.jpg
    ancient-aliens-it-was-aliens.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 4,908
IMO, the guy is a crackpot. I've seen a couple of documentaries with him in them. Quite a few times he would say something that makes me literally say, out loud, "Where the hell did he come up with that?!" A non sequitur at it's finest.

"And as you can see, this artifact looks like a triangle. For that reason among many we can then deduce that aliens gave early man insight into space travel!"

:P

Look at the guy's hair. He's the one that's an alien.

This has to be the best one! lol :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IABsBprJJPo

B. Elliott said:
IMO, the guy is a crackpot.
I don't see why you think he's a crackpot. He never says "quantum" aliens. Just aliens.

zoobyshoe said:
I don't see why you think he's a crackpot. He never says "quantum" aliens. Just aliens.

I think it's how he approaches 'filling in the voids'. That and how quickly he dismisses the level of ingenuity early human civilization possessed.

We're currently the most advanced people this planet has ever seen. My ego refuses to allow any previous civilization to hold even the slightest similarity to ours! They were way too simple! Something along that line.

Tsoukalos has been the director of Erich von Däniken's Center for Ancient Astronaut Research for over 12 years

What more do you need to know? If you can't smell those qualifications, you need to ask yourself, "are YOU really a scientist?"

Of course. That man is a genius, a Galileo, who will soon revolutionize science and move it to the next level.

Pay no heed to the naysayers.

Hmm. No.

Honestly, it's good entertainment, but that's all it seems to be. He certainly doesn't think like a scientist. He thinks like a showman.

B. Elliott said:
I think it's how he approaches 'filling in the voids'. That and how quickly he dismisses the level of ingenuity early human civilization possessed.

We're currently the most advanced people this planet has ever seen. My ego refuses to allow any previous civilization to hold even the slightest similarity to ours! They were way too simple! Something along that line.
HayleySarg said:
Hmm. No.

Honestly, it's good entertainment, but that's all it seems to be. He certainly doesn't think like a scientist. He thinks like a showman.
You two report to the Department of Remedial Humor asap.

I refuse.

That's where the Aliens are. They'll brainwash me into thinking that this is even remotely funny. I couldn't have that.

Last time the aliens visited, it hurt to sit for weeks.

Cheers

HayleySarg said:
I refuse.

That's where the Aliens are. They'll brainwash me into thinking that this is even remotely funny. I couldn't have that.

Cheers

It's no wonder aliens don't like you. They're sick of those probe jokes.

If you were me, you wouldn't be laughing.

Freakin' aliens!

Where is Ivan Seeking when you need him?

HayleySarg said:

That's the problem with aliens in general, not even courteous enough to bring along some probe lube :frown:

Likes 1 person
I support the motion.
However, we first need to test his blood as they did in "The Thing". We can't risk an alien infiltrating the scientific community(And boy, that hair looks positively extraterrestial).

His theory that ancient humans misconstrued aliens for god-like beings is much more rational than the idea that such beings actually exist, the latter being much much more prevalent in modern society. His level of craziness is still fourth in place behind astrologists, spiritual people, and religious nutbags.

WannabeNewton said:
His theory that ancient humans misconstrued aliens for god-like beings is much more rational than the idea that such beings actually exist, the latter being much much more prevalent in modern society. His level of craziness is still fourth in place behind astrologists, spiritual people, and religious nutbags.

The last three people Evo and I will pretend to be, and target the rich and famous, plus those idiotic enough to pay for our 'services'... former Harold Camping followers.

Who is voting that he's a scientist? He has a degree in sportscasting and works for one of the biggest crackpots of this century!

Evo said:
Who is voting that he's a scientist? He has a degree in sportscasting and works for one of the biggest crackpots of this century!

**cough*cough*wbn*cough*cough**

lisab said:
**cough*cough*wbn*cough*cough**

That's it! Now I get it, wbn is one of them, an Alien! I knew there was something supernatural about that guy.

Bad WBN, BAD! I think some people did not take this poll seriously. :frown:

Oops sorry I misread the title as "do you think Nina Dobrev should become queen of the galaxy?'"

If he looks, talks, smells, tastes, feels, acts, quacks like a scientist, then he is a scientist.

The look is a dead giveaway ( based upon familiar pre-conceived illusions about the mad-scientist as illustrated in such movies as Back to the Future ).
I am not so sure about the quack.

256bits said:
If he looks, talks, smells, tastes, feels, acts, quacks like a scientist, then he is a scientist.

The look is a dead giveaway ( based upon familiar pre-conceived illusions about the mad-scientist as illustrated in such movies as Back to the Future ).
How exactly did you determined the "smells , tastes , feels"?

256bits said:

i love mad scientist, or the concept of.

bp_psy said:
How exactly did you determined the "smells , tastes , feels"?

Only his wife and man's best friend, his dog, would know for sure.

I think you should promote him to Evangelist. Its a much more interesting and descriptive title with a little bit of awe to go with it. I am sure he'd like that one much better.

He always reminds me of Howie Mandel when he was younger and on St Elsewhere with real hair.

The no's have it. The motion is not agreed to.

What is the background of Giorgio A. Tsoukalos?

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos is a Swiss-born Greek-American television personality, author, and producer. He is best known for his appearance on the History Channel's Ancient Aliens, where he discusses theories about ancient astronauts and extraterrestrial influence on human history.

Is Giorgio A. Tsoukalos a scientist?

Although he has been referred to as a scientist on his show, Giorgio A. Tsoukalos does not have a formal scientific background. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in sports information and communication from Ithaca College.

What is Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' stance on the theory of ancient aliens?

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos believes in the theory that ancient civilizations were influenced and aided by extraterrestrial beings. He argues that many ancient texts and artifacts contain evidence of advanced technology and knowledge that could not have been achieved by humans alone.

Has Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' theories been accepted by the scientific community?

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' theories about ancient aliens have not been accepted by the scientific community. Many scientists and scholars have criticized his claims as pseudoscience and lacking evidence. The majority of mainstream archaeologists and historians reject the idea of ancient astronauts.

What is the impact of Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' work on the study of ancient civilizations?

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' work has sparked public interest and debate about the possibility of ancient aliens. However, his theories have not been widely accepted or supported by the academic community. His work has also been criticized for promoting pseudoarchaeology and sensationalism.