What did you get out of 1000 hrs. of Susskind lectures?

• Thread starter DiracPool
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lectures
In summary, the conversation is about a person's experience with watching Lenny Susskind's multiple marathons of "the theoretical minimum" lectures. The person found Susskind's lectures to be too abstract and lacking in specific examples, making it difficult to maintain attention. Other participants in the conversation also shared similar experiences, with some mentioning that they only learn through doing problems and asking questions. It is suggested that Susskind's lectures may be more suitable for students who have a background in physics and attend the lectures in person. However, it is also noted that it is impossible to please everyone when giving a lecture and that audience considerations should always be taken into account.
collinsmark said:
My goodness no! :bugeye: It's the other way around! The Susskind lectures are excellent introduction before you pick up the particular chapter in your book and work through the practice problems.

Excactly.

Physics news on Phys.org
MarneMath said:
On a related note, can someone explain curling to me?

Yes, a couple of guys I know, Mark Shegelski and Erik Jensen, can explain the physics of curling.

Shegelski, M.R., Niebergall, R. and Watton, M.A. (1996) The motion of
a curling rock. Canadian Journal of Physics 74, 663-670.

Jensen, E.T. and Shegelski, M.R.A. (2004) The motion of curling rocks:
experimental investigation and semi-phenominological description.
Canadian Journal of Physics 82(10), 791-809.