Stuck Studying Engineering & CIMA - Help Needed!

• Thread starter Manula
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Degree
In summary, the speaker is studying engineering and CIMA at the University of Moratuwa in Sri Lanka, but does not enjoy either subject and feels exhausted and uninterested in studying. They had originally wanted to study physics but were influenced by their parents. With upcoming exams in both subjects, the speaker is seeking advice on what to do and feels limited by time constraints. The advice given is to carefully consider their career goals and create a plan for education that aligns with those goals.
Manula
I am studying engineering at university of moratuwa sri lanka.
Started following the course just over a month ago. And i am studying cima also in parellel to it.
But the thing is, i don't like engineering at all. I am exhausted with this now. I never wanted to do engineering. I did it just because my parents wanted me to do this. I've got my 1st semester exams on October and in less than 1 month after that i have to do my cima exams also. 5 subjects on operational and managerial levels.
I don't like engineering and cima both. I wanted to study physics. But there's no way i can turn around now.
There's a lot of stuff to study and i have no interest on any of the subjects.
I don't feel like studying at all. What can I do? Please help me.
The clock is ticking. I have very limitted time also. :(

Physics news on Phys.org
My advice would be to put some serious thought into what you want out of life, as it relates to education:
What do you want to do for a living?
How important is money/how much do you want?
How many hours do you want to work?
How hard do you want the work to be? Physical or intellectual?
What does that compute to in terms of education?

One of the ways people mess this up is by having no or a bad plan. You can always change your mind later, but don't confuse that with not needing to have a good plan.

1. Why am I feeling stuck studying engineering and CIMA?

It is common to feel overwhelmed or stuck while studying a challenging subject like engineering and CIMA. This could be due to a variety of factors such as a heavy workload, difficulty understanding the material, or lack of motivation. It is important to identify the root cause of your feeling of being stuck and address it accordingly.

2. How can I stay motivated while studying engineering and CIMA?

Motivation is key in successfully completing any challenging task, including studying engineering and CIMA. One way to stay motivated is to set realistic goals and break them down into smaller, achievable tasks. Additionally, remind yourself of the importance and benefits of obtaining a degree or certification in these fields. Seek support from friends, family, or classmates to stay motivated as well.

3. What are some effective study strategies for engineering and CIMA?

Every individual has their own unique learning style, so it is important to find study strategies that work best for you. Some effective strategies for studying engineering and CIMA include creating study guides, solving practice problems, attending review sessions, and seeking help from professors or tutors. It is also important to manage your time effectively and take breaks when needed.

4. How can I overcome the challenges of studying engineering and CIMA?

Studying engineering and CIMA can be challenging, but it is important to remember that challenges can be overcome with determination and hard work. Seek help from professors, classmates, or tutors when needed. Break down difficult concepts into smaller, more manageable parts. Stay organized and prioritize your tasks. Most importantly, don't give up and keep pushing through the challenges.

5. Is it normal to struggle while studying engineering and CIMA?

Absolutely! Engineering and CIMA are complex subjects that require a lot of time and effort to fully understand. It is completely normal to struggle at times, and it is important to remember that everyone learns at their own pace. Don't compare yourself to others and focus on your own progress. Seek help when needed and stay determined, and you will eventually overcome any struggles you may face while studying these subjects.