Find Photogate Magnets for CENCO Launcher Apparatus

• Thread starter kq6up
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magnets
In summary, it is suggested to contact the manufacturer or other science teachers for the magnets needed for the CENCO projectile launcher apparatus. Another option is to search for neodymium magnets online as a substitute.
kq6up
I have a CENCO projectile launcher apparatus If I had the little magnets that allow photogates to stick to the metal protractor that is on the side of the projectile launcher, I could make it a better lab. The magnets are pictured in the manual, but I can't find them anywhere on the net. Has anyone seen these? Have any idea where I can find them.

Thanks,
Chris Maness

Science news on Phys.org
You'll have to get them from the manufacturer.
How about using something else - double-sided tape, blue-tack, gum...?

Hi Chris Maness,

I haven't personally used the CENCO projectile launcher apparatus, but I have had experience with similar equipment. Have you tried contacting CENCO directly to inquire about the magnets? They may be able to provide you with the specific magnets or at least point you in the right direction.

Another suggestion would be to check with other science teachers or colleagues who may have the same apparatus. They may have some extra magnets that they could lend or sell to you.

If those options don't work, you could also try searching for "neodymium magnets" online. These are very strong magnets that may work as a substitute for the ones pictured in the manual. Just make sure to check the dimensions and strength before purchasing.

I hope you are able to find the magnets you need and improve your lab with them. Good luck!

1. How do I find the photogate magnets for the CENCO launcher apparatus?

In order to find the photogate magnets for the CENCO launcher apparatus, you can check the manufacturer's website or contact their customer service for specific product information. You can also try searching for the magnets on scientific supply websites or in physical science equipment stores.

2. What are the dimensions of the photogate magnets for the CENCO launcher apparatus?

The dimensions of the photogate magnets may vary depending on the specific model of the CENCO launcher apparatus. It is best to refer to the product manual or contact the manufacturer for exact measurements.

3. Can I use any type of magnet for the CENCO launcher apparatus?

No, it is important to use the specific photogate magnets designed for the CENCO launcher apparatus. Using other types of magnets may result in inaccurate readings or damage to the equipment.

4. How do I properly install the photogate magnets on the CENCO launcher apparatus?

The installation process may vary depending on the specific model of the CENCO launcher apparatus. It is best to refer to the product manual for detailed instructions. Generally, the magnets should be securely attached to the apparatus in a position that allows for accurate readings.

5. Where can I purchase replacement photogate magnets for the CENCO launcher apparatus?

You can purchase replacement photogate magnets from the manufacturer or through authorized scientific supply retailers. It is important to make sure you are purchasing the correct magnets for your specific CENCO launcher apparatus model.