What Do American Girls Look for in a Man?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, there is no definitive answer to what American girls like in a man as preferences can vary greatly among individuals. However, some girls may prefer traditional values such as waiting until marriage for sex and avoiding taboo topics like abortion, while others may be more open and unconventional. The most desirable trait for American women may be the ability to make them laugh consistently. Additionally, there are no specific taboos that should be avoided in conversation, but it's important to be respectful and mindful of others' sensitivities.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
This may be a vague question, but what do american girls like in a man, do you
have any taboos, customs, are there any subjects that should be avoided?

Physics news on Phys.org
yes, that is a VAGUE question.

its also a bad question because not all girls are the same by a long shot. Some girls will stick to the no-sex till marriage, nothing weird or kinky, hate big tough tattooed up the yin yang guys. Some girls have sex on a whim with peopel they don't know, cuss up a storm, shave their heads, flash at anyone on sight. Can't even really say there's a middle ground because everyones very different. Some girls might like a lil of this, some might like a lil of that.

As far as subjects to avoid... it depends on who you talk to. I suppose what your asking is if there are any subjects that should be avoided no matter who it is. The answer is no in my experience. Theres always a few people that will do or tlak about anything.

american girls = high maintenance, and if one has kid with one and for some reason you split from her, you are better off dead.

Last edited:
They all love English accents.

100% fact.

Pengwuino said:
yes, that is a VAGUE question.

its also a bad question because not all girls are the same by a long shot. Some girls will stick to the no-sex till marriage, nothing weird or kinky, hate big tough tattooed up the yin yang guys. Some girls have sex on a whim with peopel they don't know, cuss up a storm, shave their heads, flash at anyone on sight. Can't even really say there's a middle ground because everyones very different. Some girls might like a lil of this, some might like a lil of that.

As far as subjects to avoid... it depends on who you talk to. I suppose what your asking is if there are any subjects that should be avoided no matter who it is. The answer is no in my experience. Theres always a few people that will do or tlak about anything.

I seem to have put my foot in it, it was more a question on etiquette and
custom

You could take a sampling of some American girls. Er, that is, ask them questions. :smile:

I think American women who aren't offended by sexist remarks (ex. that men are superior) are the exception. Suggesting that men and women should play substantially different roles in society probably wouldn't be received well either. Abortion seems to be an especially volatile issue. That's about all I can think of as far as taboos.

I don't especially want a man right now, but I'm attracted to men that are kind, honest, fair, and responsible; Someone with whom I share mutual respect and appreciation, who can challenge me intellectually and artistically, and is curious, passionate, and wise. You know, "‘Fair, kind, and true,’ varying to other words."
Thanks, I'm feeling lonesome now. :frown:

aww poor honest :D That sounded so cliche though lol.

honestrosewater said:
You could take a sampling of some American girls. Er, that is, ask them questions. :smile:

I think American women who aren't offended by sexist remarks (ex. that men are superior) are the exception. Suggesting that men and women should play substantially different roles in society probably wouldn't be received well either. Abortion seems to be an especially volatile issue. That's about all I can think of as far as taboos.

I don't especially want a man right now, but I'm attracted to men that are kind, honest, fair, and responsible; Someone with whom I share mutual respect and appreciation, who can challenge me intellectually and artistically, and is curious, passionate, and wise. You know, "‘Fair, kind, and true,’ varying to other words."
Thanks, I'm feeling lonesome now. :frown:

Hummm, check list, all ticked except artistic, i can only draw schematics
and match stick men, I am even useless at house decorating.

Sorry your feeling lonesome.

brewnog said:
They all love English accents.

100% fact.
Damn it. They do. Totally not fair.

I can't think of any general taboos. I had a friend from Leeds stay with me for a few months, we ran into no social problems. I did have a hard time understanding him when he spoke too quickly.
Woman are pretty much the same in both countries, lol they will let you know if you have done something wrong. :wink:

hypatia said:
Woman are pretty much the same in both countries, lol they will let you know if you have done something wrong. :wink:

there women, what more can really be said lol

The impression I get from magazine polls and relationship guides and such is that the single most desirable trait a man can have to an American women is the ability to consistently make her laugh.

wolram said:
Hummm, check list, all ticked except artistic, i can only draw schematics
and match stick men, I am even useless at house decorating.
I mean artistic as in any creative, expressive craft. Writing, visual or performing arts, music, etc.
Sorry your feeling lonesome.
Thanks, I'm better now. :smile:

hypatia said:
I can't think of any general taboos. I had a friend from Leeds stay with me for a few months, we ran into no social problems. I did have a hard time understanding him when he spoke too quickly.

People from Leeds are a bit difficult to understand but so are people from
sheffield, liverpool, birmingham and, well anywhere outside warwickshire.

when i went to appleton, wisconsin i did nt have time to socialize, and you
wont believe, the lady at the hotel check in was english.

loseyourname said:
The impression I get from magazine polls and relationship guides and such is that the single most desirable trait a man can have to an American women is the ability to consistently make her laugh.

yah i think women are liars when they say that. Anyone can make anyone else laugh. Plus if that were true, id have women lining up at my door because i can make pretty much anyone laugh. Only thing lining up at my door is the newspaper

wolram said:
This may be a vague question, but what do american girls like in a man, do you
have any taboos, customs, are there any subjects that should be avoided?
Wolram, if you stick to your own taboos, customs, and range of proper subjects, you run 0 risk of offending an American.

All women like: humor, respectfullness, sincere compliments (not flattery), and maybe most important of all, good listeners.

zoobyshoe said:
Wolram, if you stick to your own taboos, customs, and range of proper subjects, you run 0 risk of offending an American.

All women like: humor, respectfullness, sincere compliments (not flattery), and maybe most important of all, good listeners.

Thats good to hear Zooby, keep it a secret, i am a bit s h y around women.

wolram said:
Thats good to hear Zooby, keep it a secret, i am a bit s h y around women.
You're bitshy around women? Oh, a bit shy. I get the impression American women, or at least those from New England, are a bit like British men - not to be mixed with alcohol. Me and a mate hung out with a few girls for a few days and, yep, they dug the suave English accent (that everyone thought was Australian... hmmm... not so suave then), but as the first night wore on they got really rowdy (and randy), turned against one another, had huffs... some real face-offs going on. My mate tried to leave and one of them leapt onto him as he was going up the stairs. He got away, but then she grabbed him by the shoe. Not the outside of the shoe, you understand. She dug her fingers into the back of his shoe and held on for dear life. She begged him, and I'm not kidding, to- actually I can't say what she begged him to do, but I never heard those words COME from the MOUTH of any British girl I ever met in public on a first social outing.

Dinner the following night was... interesting.

Was that a freak occurrence?

El Hombre Invisible said:
Yep. I've lived in the US or 50 years, including New England, and have never seen anything that extreme.

You're bitshy around women? Oh, a bit shy. I get the impression American women, or at least those from New England, are a bit like British men - not to be mixed with alcohol. Me and a mate hung out with a few girls for a few days and, yep, they dug the suave English accent (that everyone thought was Australian... hmmm... not so suave then), but as the first night wore on they got really rowdy (and randy), turned against one another, had huffs... some real face-offs going on. My mate tried to leave and one of them leapt onto him as he was going up the stairs. He got away, but then she grabbed him by the shoe. Not the outside of the shoe, you understand. She dug her fingers into the back of his shoe and held on for dear life. She begged him, and I'm not kidding, to- actually I can't say what she begged him to do, but I never heard those words COME from the MOUTH of any British girl I ever met in public on a first social outing.

Well I am sure the girl I am thinking of is nothing like that hussy, and i am sure
that is not typical, may be you fell in with a bad bunch, that can happen
any where in the world i guess, i only hope you did not leave with more than
you took.

Oops, wrong thread.
Sorry about that.
goodbye.

wolram said:
Well I am sure the girl I am thinking of is nothing like that hussy, and i am sure
that is not typical, may be you fell in with a bad bunch, that can happen
any where in the world i guess, i only hope you did not leave with more than
you took.
I can usually be relied upon to bring out the surreal in people. Even so... that was pretty weird, and didn't take much coercion. Thing is... when sober they were perfectly nice, seemingly upstanding ladies... but then it's always the quiet ones, isn't it?
I left with a coconut I didn't have before. But that's another story, already told. No, we both escaped with our health and our dignity. Well... our health. Well... we retired alone, put it that way.

wolram said:
Well I am sure the girl I am thinking of is nothing like that hussy
P.S. What girl? Have you fallen in love with an American lady and that's why you're asking?

That was you?! :eek: :rofl:

P.S. What girl? Have you fallen in love with an American lady and that's why you're asking?
Yes, wolram, we are interested in your mystery lady. I hope she is good enough for you. :smile:

honestrosewater said:

HONESTROSEWATER, if a child of mine acted like that she would get a jolly
good spanking.

honestrosewater said:
Yes, wolram, we are interested in your mystery lady. I hope she is good enough for you. :smile:

Its the other way about Rose, am i good enough for her.

hey wolram,do we know this lucky girl from Us?!I mean is she around here?

honestrosewater said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

wolram said:
but what do american girls like in a man,
Simple. They don't. American girls like little conformist weiners who they can shatter with a standard no-sex punishment if they start to think for themselves.
do you have any taboos,
Everything is taboo in America, you can't even have more than one wife anymore. It's ridiculous.
customs,
Lots. In fact men in America are living (on average) several years less than women because they go through life putting in extra effort to open car doors, and putt toilet seats up. In the end they completely drain our will to live.
are there any subjects that should be avoided?
Here's a really good tip: If you want to have sex with a girl, avoid the subject completely. (see how messed up these people are?)

wolram said:
Its the other way about Rose, am i good enough for her.
So Rose is the lovely lady's name. How did you two meet? And have far have you gotten?

Lisa! said:
hey wolram,do we know this lucky girl from Us?!I mean is she around here?

Its a, s e c r e t, Lisa and she may not be so lucky.

So Rose is the lovely lady's name. How did you two meet? And have far have you gotten?

NO NO NO NO, and i am not telling.

wolram said:
Its a, s e c r e t, Lisa and she may not be so lucky.
Wolram, you are a tease. Have you not seen Spiderman 2? You should never keep something like love a secret. You should disclose all details on an internet forum under the safety of an anonymous identity. Okay, that last part wasn't specifically stated in Spiderman 2, but it's what Doc Ock meant.

Wolram, you are a tease. Have you not seen Spiderman 2? You should never keep something like love a secret. You should disclose all details on an internet forum under the safety of an anonymous identity. Okay, that last part wasn't specifically stated in Spiderman 2, but it's what Doc Ock meant.

I don't watch TV these days or was it a moovie, i have not been for ages,
spiderman, was that peter parker? i did see batman or was he peter parker?
i know superman was clark kent, wait a minute one of them was bruce lee
or am i getting confused with magnetman, i remember batwoman, now who
was she, oh and super girl.