Favorite online places to buy hardware

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hardware
In summary, the conversation discusses various websites for finding and purchasing technology products at the best prices. The speaker mentions using pricewatch.com to compare prices and then buying from the cheapest option, including shipping. They also mention newegg.com and mwave.com as good options, but note that newegg.com has a poor website. The speaker also mentions their hesitation in buying hardware online and their preference for physically handling electronics before purchasing.
pricewatch.com
newegg.com
techbargins.com

and actually I have bought quite a number of things off amazon for a decent price.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use pricewatch to find the best price. then I buy from whomever pricewatch lists the cheapest including shipping.

www.buy.com <-with a warehouse in Pittsburgh, I once got a product delivered by standard UPS ground in under 24 hours.
www.newegg.com <-great prices - crappy website.

i think mwave.com is pretty good and so is computersurplusoutlet.com

I just realized that I have yet to purchase any hardware online.

Ordering clothes and books..not a problem! Hardware? I guess I still enjoy the thrill of handling the electronics before making a possible purchase.

I'll definitely check out these sites, though.

1. What are the best online places to buy hardware?

The best online places to buy hardware will vary depending on your specific needs and preferences. However, some popular options include Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, Micro Center, and B&H Photo Video.

2. Can I trust the quality of hardware purchased online?

Yes, as long as you are purchasing from a reputable and trustworthy website, you can typically trust the quality of hardware purchased online. It is important to read reviews and do research before making a purchase.

3. Are there any advantages to buying hardware online?

Yes, there are several advantages to buying hardware online. Online retailers often have a larger selection of products, competitive pricing, and the convenience of shopping from the comfort of your own home.

4. How can I ensure I am getting the best deal when buying hardware online?

To ensure you are getting the best deal when buying hardware online, it is important to compare prices from multiple websites and read customer reviews. You can also sign up for email alerts or follow social media accounts of your favorite online retailers to stay updated on sales and promotions.

5. Are there any risks to buying hardware online?

There are some potential risks to buying hardware online, such as receiving damaged or defective products, shipping delays, or security issues. However, these risks can be minimized by purchasing from reputable websites and reading customer reviews before making a purchase.