Building an RPG: Navigating Physics with Dr. Charington

In summary, Ron does not approve of this type of activity and suggests that you join a sanctioned club if you want to learn more about rocketry.
elitemaple
ok, I am in grade 10, i haven't even started physics class yet, i am working up the courage to go to a very good science teacher dr. charington but i am afraid of his reaction when he hears i am building an RPG, the CO2 cartridge full of black powder placed inside the rocket will add a sufficient amount of weight and he will be suspicious as to what will be inside the rocket aside from the engine. I was hoping i wouldn't have to go to him with help from you guys. I just need that basic forumlas such as, if it weighs 5 pounds and the rocket has a 40 kmph accelaration how high it will go or how fast it will accelarate to, I need these because my friend was unsuccessful in his RPG mission because he didn't take the physics into hand and completely overshot his target. Any ways, I've let my mouth run off, I just need the basic physics equations, (ones i will acctually be using) and don't worry about me not understanding it, I do quite well in school, I don't think I've ever received a mark below 95 in science and math and understand stuff almost instantly, anyways, help and all that jazz, you know the requests, i hope you can help.

Physics news on Phys.org
wait, so you're building RPGs and shooting them at targets?

I'm 100% for free speech and academic exploration, but you are actually building something potentially very dangerous. I don't think you will get much help here.

If you do want to learn about rocketry, join a sanctioned club, but there is no way they will condone explosive payloads either.

lastly, open loop trajectory control without substantial r-d expenditures and process control is a major guessing game. Minor process changes can and will most likely have major effects.

Sorry I can't help you out with this
Ron

We do not condone such a thing and will advice anyone against building, assisting, or participating in these types of "projects".

Zz.

1. What is the purpose of "Building an RPG: Navigating Physics with Dr. Charington"?

The purpose of "Building an RPG: Navigating Physics with Dr. Charington" is to provide a comprehensive guide for game developers on how to incorporate physics into their role-playing games (RPGs). It covers topics such as gravity, collisions, and movement to help create a more immersive gaming experience.

2. Who is Dr. Charington and why is he qualified to teach about RPG physics?

Dr. Charington is a renowned scientist and game developer who specializes in physics-based games. He has a PhD in Physics and has worked on numerous successful RPG titles. With his expertise and experience, he is well-qualified to teach about RPG physics and share his knowledge with others.

3. What are some of the challenges in incorporating physics into RPGs?

Some of the challenges in incorporating physics into RPGs include balancing realism with gameplay, creating a physics engine that works well with the game's mechanics, and optimizing performance for various platforms. Dr. Charington addresses these challenges and offers solutions in the guide.

4. Is this guide suitable for beginners or more advanced game developers?

This guide is suitable for both beginners and more advanced game developers. It starts with the basics of physics and gradually progresses to more advanced topics. However, some prior knowledge of game development and physics may be helpful.

5. Are there any examples or exercises included in the guide?

Yes, "Building an RPG: Navigating Physics with Dr. Charington" includes several examples and exercises to help readers understand and apply the concepts discussed. These examples range from simple physics simulations to more complex RPG scenarios, allowing readers to practice and improve their skills.