Benefits of learning about networking?

• Thread starter jean28
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Networking
In summary, the conversation discusses the opportunity for students to take CCNA exams for free through their Networking Fundamentals course. The importance of being CCNA certified is mentioned, with it being a valuable asset in the job market and potentially earning a high salary. The speaker regrets not completing the course and obtaining the certificate.
jean28
Hey guys!

I'm taking a course this semester on Networking Fundamentals. Our professor has given us the opportunity to be able to take tests by Cisco to become CCNA certified for free. I don't know much about networking yet, so I was wondering how much of a big deal it is to be a CCNA certified person.

I have heard taking these exams elsewhere is really expensive, so I though that giving the extra effort outside of the course (CCNA tests are not mandatory, just optional) might be worth it.

What can you guys tell me about this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
CCNA is very good to have especially if it's through a school. Outside a school setting it can cost several hundred dollars. Network admins with CCNA average $80-$90k I had the opportunity to take one year of it in my school but didn't finished because I graduated. I really wish I had finished and gotten the certificate.

1. What is networking and why is it important to learn about it?

Networking is the process of creating and maintaining connections with individuals and organizations for the purpose of exchanging information, resources, and opportunities. It is important to learn about networking because it can help you build a strong professional network, gain access to new opportunities, and enhance your career prospects.

2. How can learning about networking benefit my career?

Learning about networking can benefit your career in many ways. It can help you expand your knowledge and skills, build relationships with influential individuals in your field, and increase your visibility and credibility. It can also open up new job opportunities and help you advance in your current role.

3. What are some practical skills I can gain from learning about networking?

Some practical skills you can gain from learning about networking include communication skills, relationship-building skills, and the ability to effectively network online and in person. You can also learn how to identify and tap into different networks and leverage them for your personal and professional growth.

4. Can learning about networking benefit me even if I am not in a business or corporate setting?

Yes, learning about networking can benefit you even if you are not in a business or corporate setting. Networking is important in all fields and industries, and can help you build connections and collaborations with individuals and organizations in your field of interest. It can also help you stay updated on industry trends and developments.

5. How can I get started with learning about networking?

There are various ways you can get started with learning about networking. You can attend networking events and conferences, join professional organizations, and network with colleagues and peers. You can also read books and articles, take online courses, and seek mentorship from experienced professionals in your field.