How much would a used single wide mobile home cost in a very rural area?

In summary, a used, single wide mobile home would cost about 37 thousand dollars in a very rural area.
stickythighs
How much do you think that a used, single wide mobile home would cost in a very rural area? Yes; I know that it depends on many factors. For my example, the used mobile home has a septic tank and a well and everything works and is in decent condition. For my xample, the mobile home includes one acre of land in an area that is so rural that no other house or dwelling is within my range of view from my mobile home.

What would be a good ballpark figure for how much it would probably cost? I mean, are we talking a price of a thousand dollars, or ten thousand dollars or fifty thousand dollars?

Physics news on Phys.org
Usually the home is sold separately from the land (often mobile homes are on rented lots). You could just google for mobile homes for sale and get a good idea of the range and quality rather than us doing the search for you.

stickythighs said:
How much do you think that a used, single wide mobile home would cost in a very rural area? Yes; I know that it depends on many factors. For my example, the used mobile home has a septic tank and a well and everything works and is in decent condition. For my xample, the mobile home includes one acre of land in an area that is so rural that no other house or dwelling is within my range of view from my mobile home.

What would be a good ballpark figure for how much it would probably cost? I mean, are we talking a price of a thousand dollars, or ten thousand dollars or fifty thousand dollars?

First of all don't expect to get 1 acre of land way away from anything. If farmer Bob is going to peel off 1 acre parcels he's going to be selling as many as he can - shoulder to shoulder. You will have neighbors that can see what you're wearing when you get out of bed.

But that said, why get a trailer home and pay the excess expense for all that makes it mobile? I should think there are plenty of small distressed homes about on enough acreage to give you the privacy that you may want.

and usually there's a section in the newspaper about rural properties for sale---plus, like in my area, there are two or three little free magazines with properties for sale. It should be like everything else---it will be different in your area, do a lot of research about homes (and what to look out for, good and bad in them), look at even more in person to find out something you really like (take someone along even to get a second opinion if needed), find something in your price range, don't take on any more (in the way of repairs) that you can handle yourself or can afford, don't buy in a flood plain, and expect that problems may occur anyway. ---I guess its like looking for a good 'woman'/mate (even the flood plain part)

Depends, my dad has land in the San Luis valley of Colorado and he bought 180 acres 20 years ago for just a few thousand dollars, and you can't see a living thing for miles. Trailers go for all different prices...

Oh, and in your case, at least if your still upholding that irrational fear of yours, the military grade defense system to keep the "homos" away could cost upwards of 100 grand.

binzing said:
Oh, and in your case, at least if your still upholding that irrational fear of yours, the military grade defense system to keep the "homos" away could cost upwards of 100 grand.

lol

yeah, a trailer in the sticks probably won't solve any of your problems!

1. How is the price of a used single wide mobile home determined in a very rural area?

The price of a used single wide mobile home in a very rural area is typically determined by a combination of factors such as the age and condition of the home, the location, and any additional features or upgrades. Prices can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances, so it is important to do thorough research and compare prices before making a purchase.

2. Are there any additional costs or fees associated with buying a used single wide mobile home in a very rural area?

Yes, there may be additional costs or fees associated with buying a used single wide mobile home in a very rural area. These could include delivery and set-up fees, land rental fees, and any necessary repairs or renovations. It is important to factor in these potential costs when considering the overall price of the home.

3. How does the condition of a used single wide mobile home affect its price in a very rural area?

The condition of a used single wide mobile home can have a significant impact on its price in a very rural area. A home in good condition with minimal wear and tear will likely be priced higher than a home in need of extensive repairs. It is important to thoroughly inspect the home and consider any necessary repairs or renovations when determining its value.

4. Are there any advantages to buying a used single wide mobile home in a very rural area compared to a more urban area?

There can be advantages to buying a used single wide mobile home in a very rural area. These may include lower prices, more land and space, and a quieter and more secluded lifestyle. However, it is important to also consider potential drawbacks such as limited access to amenities and services and potential difficulties with financing or reselling the home.

5. How can I determine the fair market value of a used single wide mobile home in a very rural area?

To determine the fair market value of a used single wide mobile home in a very rural area, it is important to research similar homes in the area and compare their prices. You can also consult with a real estate agent or appraiser who is familiar with the local market. It is also helpful to consider factors such as the age, condition, and location of the home when determining its value.