Nobody could solve his riddle

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Riddle
In summary, a man challenged others to solve his riddle which was "What is the answer?" He gave a clue that the answer was everywhere and one person guessed correctly. The answer was "Everywhere" and it was difficult because it had to be taken literally. This situation is similar to the TV show "You Bet Your Life" where no one ever said the secret word to win money.
JamesU
Gold Member
You might have heard this one, oh well, kinda easy.

Once a man claimed that nobody could solve his riddle. It was, what is the answer. He gave them one hint-"the answer is everywhere" one person took a guess and got it right.

What was the answer and why was it so hard? :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
The exact wording of the riddle was: "What is the answer."
Is that correct? (I wasn't sure from your post).

Sorry, I didn't really think that through... :rolleyes: let me do it again:

One man claimed that nobody could solve his riddle. People had to figure out what "the answer" was. he gave them one big hint: " 'the answer' is everywhere"...

Soryy about that :biggrin:

Answer: Giraldo

HINT: take it literally

Ans: everywhere

This reminds me of an old TV program called "You Bet Your Life". Groucho would tell his guests "Say de secret woid an win a huner dollas". A far as I know, no one ever said "the secret word".

in the thin air ...

"What is 'Everywhere'"? For a million dollars, Alex. I will take that in tens and twenties.

What is the meaning of "Nobody could solve his riddle"?

The phrase "Nobody could solve his riddle" means that no one was able to figure out the answer or solution to a difficult or complex problem or puzzle posed by someone else.

Who is the "he" in "Nobody could solve his riddle"?

The "he" in "Nobody could solve his riddle" refers to the person who created or posed the riddle that no one could solve.

Why was nobody able to solve the riddle?

There could be various reasons why nobody was able to solve the riddle. It could be because the riddle was too difficult, the clues were vague, or the person who created the riddle intentionally made it unsolvable.

Did anyone eventually solve the riddle?

The phrase "Nobody could solve his riddle" implies that no one was able to solve the riddle. However, it is also possible that someone may eventually solve it in the future.

What can we learn from "Nobody could solve his riddle"?

The phrase "Nobody could solve his riddle" highlights the importance of critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and perseverance. It reminds us that not all problems have easy solutions and that sometimes it takes time and effort to find the answer.