Find a Reputable Engineering Firm to Build Lab Prototype

In summary: You might also want to check out Mouser.com or Digikey.com. They have a wide variety of components and supplies.In summary, you should search for a professional who has experience with prototype building. You could visit your local university and post ads on some bulletin boards or even in the student newspaper. If you get a nibble, conduct an interview with both the respondent and others in his/her department who can give an impartial evaluation of his/her abilities. If you do want to go with a professional, maybe call a reputable patent attorney and ask for a recommendation.
iyun
hi
im a biologist not working at present]who has an idea for a lab system.Im not sure how to find a reputable engineering firm to build a prototype..The physics end of things involves laminar air flow and current and air pressure analysis.
Pls advise
Thank you so much

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
how do I find a freelancer among college professionals?

Welcome to PF, Iyun.
First and foremost, make sure that anyone you approach signs a non-disclosure agreement before you divulge any details. That will protect any future patent rights if your idea turns out to be lucrative.

thank you verymuch
I do have an NDA
There are however a lot of firms out there but its difficult to find one with has the expertise/know how with respect to air flow patterns/pressure/currents that I am looking for
Thank you

Have you considered approaching a high-level student as opposed to a 'professional'? As Brewnog ably demonstrated before his graduation, there's a lot of heavy talent out there without the final paperwork in place.

sure,where can i find someone who is interested in this aspect of engineering?

Maybe right here. PF is full of all sorts of experts. It would help if you let us know where you live.
You could visit your local university and post ads on some bulletin boards or even in the student newspaper. If you get a nibble, conduct an interview with both the respondent and others in his/her department who can give an impartial evaluation of his/her abilities.
If you do want to go with a professional, maybe call a reputable patent attorney and ask for a recommendation. Most of them have experience with prototype builders.

Sorry I've been away
Thank you for your response
Iyun

thank you p3
im based in the usa ,but thanks all the same

can you tell me about how to prototype a 5v power supply and which components i must use and tell me their sizes

hi iam a student i want to know how to prototype a 5v power supply and please give me circuit for it.

Danger said:
Maybe right here. PF is full of all sorts of experts. It would help if you let us know where you live.
You could visit your local university and post ads on some bulletin boards or even in the student newspaper. If you get a nibble, conduct an interview with both the respondent and others in his/her department who can give an impartial evaluation of his/her abilities.
If you do want to go with a professional, maybe call a reputable patent attorney and ask for a recommendation. Most of them have experience with prototype builders.
im leaving in east london

in east london

lusy said:
iam student whose skuling in east london

lusy said:
can you tell me about how to prototype a 5v power supply and which components i must use and tell me their sizes

Welcome to the PF, lusy. You will get a better response in the future if you post a new thread with your question, rather than posting a reply to an old thread. In answer to your question, you can read about Linear Power Supplies at this beginning page, and follow the links to learn more. You can also do a google search on LM7805, and read the datasheet and application notes for the LM7805 linear voltage regulator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_supply

1. What factors should I consider when choosing an engineering firm to build my lab prototype?

When choosing an engineering firm, it is important to consider their experience and expertise, their portfolio and past projects, their reputation and client reviews, their communication and collaboration style, and their cost and timeline estimates.

2. How do I ensure that the engineering firm I choose will deliver a high-quality lab prototype?

To ensure high-quality work, it is important to thoroughly research and investigate the engineering firm's credentials, past projects, and references. You can also request a detailed project plan and ask about their quality control processes and procedures.

3. Can I trust an engineering firm with no experience in building lab prototypes?

While experience in building lab prototypes may be beneficial, it is not always necessary. It is important to evaluate the firm's expertise and skills in relevant areas such as product design, prototyping, and manufacturing. Additionally, you can request to see their portfolio and ask about their experience with similar projects.

4. How involved can I be in the design and building process with the engineering firm?

The level of involvement you can have in the process will depend on the specific engineering firm and their policies. However, most reputable firms will involve you in the design and decision-making process to ensure that the end product meets your needs and expectations.

5. Are there any red flags to watch out for when choosing an engineering firm for my lab prototype?

Some red flags to watch out for include a lack of communication or transparency, unrealistic cost or timeline estimates, and a lack of experience or expertise in the relevant areas. It is also important to trust your instincts and avoid firms that make you feel uncomfortable or uneasy.