Picking a University: Making the Right Decision

• Schools
  • Thread starter Green Zach
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
So, I'm in grade 12, my average in school is 96, I am top of the honor role (as in highest mark in my school) and scored about 2100 on my SAT so i expect to get into most if not all of the uni's i applied to (maybe not yale). In fact, i received a letter of acceptance from penn state and purdue about a week after my final marks for my first semester were sent in but not going to hear back from the other uni's till march. so i applied to engineering at the following universities: Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Penn State, Purdue, Illinois Urbana, Ann Arbor Michigan, and Yale. The person is torn between all of them and would appreciate
Green Zach
So, I'm in grade 12, my average in school is 96, I am top of the honor role (as in highest mark in my school) and scored about 2100 on my SAT so i expect to get into most if not all of the uni's i applied to (maybe not yale). In fact, i received a letter of acceptance from penn state and purdue about a week after my final marks for my first semester were sent in but not going to hear back from the other uni's till march. so i applied to engineering at the following universities:
- carnegie mellon
- cornell
- penn state
- purdue
- illinois urbana
- ann arbor Michigan
- Yale
thing is I'm kinda torn between... well all of them and would appreciate any advice on which to pick and if anyone has any experience with the quality of education at any of the schools listed.

Physics news on Phys.org
oooh... just occurred to me that this should probably be in the education section... sorry :P

ok it was moved, good

What factors should I consider when picking a university?

When picking a university, there are several factors to consider such as the location, size, academic programs, cost, and campus culture. It is important to think about what is important to you and your academic and personal goals.

How do I know which university is the right fit for me?

The best way to determine if a university is the right fit for you is to visit the campus, attend information sessions, talk to current students, and research the university's academic programs and extracurricular activities. This will give you a sense of the campus culture and if it aligns with your interests and goals.

What should I look for in a university's academic programs?

When evaluating a university's academic programs, it is important to look at their curriculum, faculty, and resources. Consider if the program offers the courses and opportunities that align with your academic interests and if the faculty are knowledgeable and experienced in their field. It is also helpful to research the university's resources such as libraries, labs, and internships opportunities.

How important is the location of a university?

The location of a university can play a significant role in your overall college experience. Consider if you prefer a rural or urban setting and if the location offers opportunities for internships, networking, and cultural experiences. It is also important to think about the cost of living in the location and if it is affordable for you.

How do I determine the cost of attending a university?

The cost of attending a university includes tuition, housing, meal plans, textbooks, and other fees. It is important to research the cost of attendance for each university you are considering and to factor in any financial aid or scholarships that may be available. You should also consider the cost of living in the location of the university and if it is feasible for you.