Need Help with Extended ASCII Characters in Micrologix 1500 LRP Processor?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the Micrologix 1500 is a PLC designed by Allen-Bradley for controlling industrial processes and machinery in various industries. Its key features include a compact design, multiple communication options, and a wide range of built-in I/O capabilities. It can be programmed using the RSLogix 500 software and can be used in hazardous environments with appropriate precautions. Troubleshooting can be done using the user manual, technical support, or the built-in diagnostics feature.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does anyone happen to have access to the manual that cites the extended ASCII characters for the hex values 80, 81 and 82, in a micrologix 1500 LRP processor? The extended ASCII is platform specific. I only saw it listed in their online Knowledgebase.

I pay $750 annually for their stinking Direct Connect, but only M-F, 8-5, and something is wrong with my online account so I can't access the manual. And get this: They want $500 to have someone at tech support look it up after hours! Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Void - Tech support coverage begins in ten minutes.

I understand the frustration of not having access to necessary information and resources. In this case, it seems that the extended ASCII characters for the hex values 80, 81, and 82 in a Micrologix 1500 LRP processor are platform-specific and can only be found in their online Knowledgebase. It is unfortunate that your online account is not working and that the company is charging such a high fee to have someone at tech support look it up after hours. This seems unreasonable and I would suggest reaching out to the company to express your concerns and request assistance in accessing the manual. In the meantime, perhaps there are other resources or forums available where you could find the information you need. As scientists, it is important to have access to accurate and timely information, and I hope that this issue can be resolved for you soon.

1. What is a Micrologix 1500?

The Micrologix 1500 is a programmable logic controller (PLC) developed by Allen-Bradley, a subsidiary of Rockwell Automation. It is used to control industrial processes and machinery in a variety of industries.

2. What are the key features of the Micrologix 1500?

The Micrologix 1500 offers a compact design, multiple communication options, and a wide range of built-in I/O capabilities. It also has a user-friendly programming software and can be easily integrated with other devices.

3. How do I program the Micrologix 1500?

The Micrologix 1500 can be programmed using the RSLogix 500 software, which is available for download from the Rockwell Automation website. The software uses ladder logic, a graphical programming language, to create programs for the PLC.

4. Can the Micrologix 1500 be used in hazardous environments?

Yes, the Micrologix 1500 has a UL hazardous location rating and can be used in Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations. However, additional precautions and certifications may be required depending on the specific environment and application.

5. How do I troubleshoot issues with the Micrologix 1500?

If you encounter any issues with the Micrologix 1500, you can refer to the user manual or contact technical support for assistance. You can also use the built-in diagnostics feature to troubleshoot and identify any potential issues with the PLC.

Back