Greg: Navigating in One's Journal

• Thread starter Les Sleeth
  • Start date
In summary, Les can't seem to access or edit his journal, and he was wondering how my investigation was going.
Les Sleeth
Gold Member
(I PM'd you a couple of days ago about this trying to avoid making it a thread, but since I can see you haven't viewed it yet . . . ) I can't figure out how to access my journal. I can add new entries, but I can't see what I've already written. Also, is it possible to edit previous entries? That would be a good thing for me since I'm always wishing I hadn't said certain things :redface:, and then want to change or delete them.

Physics news on Phys.org
Les, you should be able to access your journal, if by no other means, through the link that says "Read my Journal" below your name/profile info on any post you've written. I think we determined we can't edit journal entries, but I can't remember now. I played with a bunch of those features to see what would and wouldn't work when the journals were first created. Read some of the first posts and comments of those posts on my journal to find out what features I already played with. I agree it would be good to be able to edit journal entries, perhaps indefinitely rather than the 12 h limit (or whatever it is) that applies to the rest of the site.

Edit: I take that back. Les, I just followed the link to view your journal and it shows no entries. Have you saved your entries as you've typed them?

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Les, you should be able to access your journal, if by no other means, through the link that says "Read my Journal" below your name/profile info on any post you've written. I think we determined we can't edit journal entries, but I can't remember now. I played with a bunch of those features to see what would and wouldn't work when the journals were first created. Read some of the first posts and comments of those posts on my journal to find out what features I already played with. I agree it would be good to be able to edit journal entries, perhaps indefinitely rather than the 12 h limit (or whatever it is) that applies to the rest of the site.

I think I just screwed up my journal post. I wrote something but when I tried to read it the next day couldn't find it. I assumed I couldn't get in, but then yesterday I saw my post count there was "0", so I guess I just did it wrong. Of course, I couldn't delete this thread. Thanks for answering. :smile:

That's pretty funny, I just made my first post in my journal today and was about to make a thread here about the same problem. :smile:

The only problem I've found is that when someone else posts a comment to your journal, you (the journal owner) do not have the ability to delete or edit the other person's comments. The journal owner should have this ability.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Hmmm your right Les, something is not right. I'll look into this today.

I was wondering how your investigation is going. I still can't seem to post anything in my journal.

1. How is Greg's journal organized?

Greg's journal is organized in a chronological order, with entries starting from the earliest date and progressing to the most recent.

2. Is there a specific purpose or goal behind Greg's journal?

The purpose of Greg's journal is to document his thoughts, experiences, and reflections in his daily life. There is no specific goal, but rather a way for Greg to process his thoughts and emotions.

3. Does Greg use any specific techniques or strategies for journaling?

Yes, Greg does use some techniques in his journaling. He often writes in stream-of-consciousness style, allowing his thoughts to flow freely without censoring or editing them. He also uses bullet points, lists, and drawings to capture his thoughts in a more visual way.

4. How does Greg's journaling affect his mental health?

Greg has found that journaling has had a positive impact on his mental health. It allows him to express his emotions and thoughts in a safe and private space, which helps him to process and cope with them better.

5. Does Greg ever share his journal with others?

No, Greg's journal is a personal and private space for him. He does not share it with others as it serves as a therapeutic tool for him to reflect and process his thoughts.