Are My Calculus Derivatives Correct?

In summary, the derivative of y with respect to x for both questions is (5x^4 e^-3x) + (x^5 -3e^-3x) .
eeyore81
For both questions i have to find dy/dx
1. y=x^5e^-3x

I got (5x^4 e^-3x) + (x^5 (-3xe^-3x-1))

some how that doesn't look right to me. not too sure...

1-e^-x
y= --------
1+e^2x
My answer was:

(e^-x) - (1-e^-x) (2xe^2x-1)
y'= -----------------------------
1+e^2x

Thanks for your help! It's much appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
eeyore81 said:
For both questions i have to find dy/dx
1. y=x^5e^-3x
I got (5x^4 e^-3x) + (x^5 (-3xe^-3x-1))
some how that doesn't look right to me. not too sure...
1-e^-x
y= --------
1+e^2x
My answer was: (e^-x) - (1-e^-x) (2xe^2x-1)
y'= -----------------------------
1+e^2x
Thanks for your help! It's much appreciated!

1.It's wrong.It is an "x" too much.Figure out where. :wink:
2.It's wrong.Again an "x" too much,a 'minus' missing,a whole term missing and a sqare on the denominator.Figure it out yourself.

Daniel.

First of all, thanks for replying, I'm still working on fixing the 2nd question, but i think i got the first one, the answer should be:

y' = (5x^4 e^-3x) + (x^5 -3e^-3x)

1. What is Calculus and why is it important?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of change and motion. It is important because it provides a framework for understanding and modeling real-world phenomena in various fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and more.

2. What topics are covered in Grade 12 Calculus?

In Grade 12 Calculus, you will learn about limits, derivatives, and integrals. You will also cover topics such as optimization, curve sketching, and applications of derivatives and integrals.

3. Is Grade 12 Calculus difficult?

This can vary from person to person, but in general, Calculus can be challenging for some students. It requires a solid foundation in algebra and trigonometry, as well as strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. With practice and perseverance, anyone can succeed in Grade 12 Calculus.

4. How can I prepare for Grade 12 Calculus?

To prepare for Grade 12 Calculus, you should review your algebra and trigonometry skills. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of Calculus, such as limits and derivatives. Additionally, practicing with past exams and completing extra practice problems can also be beneficial.

5. Can someone check my work in Grade 12 Calculus?

While it is always helpful to have someone check your work, it is important to remember that Calculus is a subject that requires understanding and practice. It is best to seek help from a teacher or tutor if you are struggling with a particular concept. You can also use online resources and practice problems to check your work and improve your understanding.