Understanding the Variables in the Couchy Theorem

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Theorem
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of solving a problem by picking certain variables and using Cauchy's theorem on them. The purpose of this process is unclear, as the problem itself is not stated. The chosen variables are h(x) and y(x), with h(x) being the quotient of two functions and y(x) being equal to 1 divided by one of the functions. The reasoning behind choosing these variables is not clear, as the logic and thought process behind it is not explained.
transgalactic
the question and the solution in this link: (you can enlarge by one click on it)
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4074/29783975xs2.gif

the key of solving these question is picking the variables
i don't know how they decided to pick those variables?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't make heads or tails out of that. You ask "what is the purpose of this process" but I don't see how anyone can tell you that when you haven't said what problem this is supposed to be solving.

i need to prove the expression
which is located above the astrix

for that they choose h(x) and y(x)
and make couchy theorem on them
i know that its no completely solved
i know what to do once i build the variables

i can't understand by what logic they chose the h(x)=f(x)/g(x) y(x)=1/g(x)??

they are doing some process on the input expression

(which i need to prove) and after that they chose the variables in a certain way
i can't see what the were trying to do in the process
and what lead them to choose this variables??

1. What is the Couchy theorem question?

The Couchy theorem question is a mathematical concept that states that for a function to be holomorphic in a given region, it must satisfy the Cauchy-Riemann equations and be continuous in that region.

2. Who developed the Couchy theorem?

The Couchy theorem was named after the French mathematician Augustin-Louis Cauchy, who developed it in the early 19th century.

3. What is the significance of the Couchy theorem?

The Couchy theorem is significant in complex analysis, as it provides a necessary and sufficient condition for a function to be holomorphic, which is an essential concept in many branches of mathematics and physics.

4. How is the Couchy theorem used in real-life applications?

The Couchy theorem has various applications in mathematics, physics, and engineering, particularly in the study of complex functions and their properties. It is also used in the development of numerical methods for solving differential equations and in the study of fluid dynamics.

5. Are there any variations of the Couchy theorem?

Yes, there are several variations of the Couchy theorem, such as the general form of the theorem for multiple variables, the generalized Cauchy integral theorem, and the Cauchy integral formula. These variations have different applications and provide more specific conditions for a function to be holomorphic.