questions about batteries and electric motors

by guyknowslittle
Tags: batteries, electric, motors
Averagesupernova
Jun29-13, 04:46 PM
P: 2,452
Quote Quote by guyknowslittle View Post
Yes that is ohms law :). How does the discharge rate of the battery pack in an electric vehicle vary from 1C to 4C for example when the vehicle accelerates? It's the same electric motor and the same battery. How does the electric motor vary it's load on the battery?
Do some reading on electric motors. A motor uses more electrical energy when it is more heavily loaded mechanically.
-
It seems you are making a lot of assumptions based on a very small amount of knowledge.
guyknowslittle
Jun29-13, 09:00 PM
P: 17
Thank you. What would you suggest is a good source to read about electric motors? How is the motor more loaded mechanically? What assumptions am I making? I don't know much. Please share :)
sophiecentaur
Jun30-13, 05:07 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,398
Thank you. What would you suggest is a good source to read about electric motors? How is the motor more loaded mechanically? What assumptions am I making? I don't know much. Please share :)
You could start by looking up the terms "Mechanical Load" and "Electrical Load" and see how they are defined and how they relate to Voltage, Current, Resistance, Energy, Force and Power (you know, I mean all the basics that you will have done in School, if you are a 'practising' Chemist').

When you have come up with a question that deals with stuff other than those basics then you will be surprised at the more positive reception you will get. Some 'self drive' can earn a lot of respect here.
guyknowslittle
Jun30-13, 08:07 AM
P: 17
ok boss, will do. thank you for the term suggestions. i need all the guidance i can get.
i still think my questions are good questions though. :) they are fundamental. for example i would not get upset if someone asked me what is chemical potential and how it relates to the activation energy even though the formulas are taught in high school, i suppose. after a while its the fundamental stuff that becomes interesting, again.

as a matter of fact i looked in the chemistry section on this forum. those questions are very basic in the chemistry field. what is vapor pressure, what is dissolving, etc, and i see some of the same people who roasted me here give proper critical answers. may i please have the same courtesy even if my (simple) questions deal with a field in which the majority of members on this forum specialize.

i think you are a bit too critical. ease up a bit. it will make the forum more friendly to newcomers. oh, and were you asking for payment a few posts up? is that forum policy? maybe a mod should take a look at that.
sophiecentaur
Jun30-13, 10:01 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,398
ok boss, will do. thank you for the term suggestions. i need all the guidance i can get.
i still think my questions are good questions though. :) they are fundamental. for example i would not get upset if someone asked me what is chemical potential and how it relates to the activation energy even though the formulas are taught in high school, i suppose. after a while its the fundamental stuff that becomes interesting, again.

as a matter of fact i looked in the chemistry section on this forum. those questions are very basic in the chemistry field. what is vapor pressure, what is dissolving, etc, and i see some of the same people who roasted me here give proper critical answers. may i please have the same courtesy even if my (simple) questions deal with a field in which the majority of members on this forum specialize.

i think you are a bit too critical. ease up a bit. it will make the forum more friendly to newcomers. oh, and were you asking for payment a few posts up? is that forum policy? maybe a mod should take a look at that.
The mods tend to have a sense of humour on this forum. I was not touting for business haha. I have had enough of that particular way of earning money.

Looking again at your earlier posts and other people's comments, I can see I am not the only one to take issue with your way of eliciting information here. You seem to have rejected some very sound information - which is why it's been suggested that you look to text books for your information. You are less likely to argue with them, perhaps. Question and answer method is a very inefficient way to get to grips with the whole of a topic. The Internet is chock solid with good basic Physics and you can always pick the particular level to suit you - unlike in the old days, where you had a text book and one teacher as resources. As long as you don't rely on isolated 'loony' ideas and stick to sites like Hyperphysics and those with .edu URLs, you can't go far wrong.
Borek
Jun30-13, 10:05 AM
Admin
P: 22,712
You may want to to read this:

http://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=3588

Register to reply