Problems with forum-access via Mozilla

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the difficulties the speaker is having in accessing a forum with Mozilla. They are constantly redirected to a page about forum guidelines, even after reading them. The problem is not with the browser, but with the forum protocol. The conversation also mentions a strange law in Wisconsin where it is forbidden to mention chipmunks on Ash Wednesday.
ehrenfest
I am having trouble accessing the forum with Mozilla. Sometimes it just takes me to the page where you have to read that thread about forum guidelines Even after you read the thread, it takes you right back there whenver you click on a link to another part of the forum.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes bless them they want us to read all the rules until there stapled onto our consciousness. Standard forum protocol (they all do that fairly regularly, usually only every time they upgrade the forum) Fear not I suspect everyone had to wade through all that when they logged on. :smile:

Apparently it is illegal to mention chipmunks on Ash Wednesday in Wisconsin, thus it is forbidden on only that day, who'd of thought...

Last edited:

1. Why can't I access the forum using Mozilla?

There are a few possible reasons why you may be having trouble accessing the forum via Mozilla. It could be due to a compatibility issue, an outdated browser, or a problem with your internet connection. We recommend trying to access the forum using a different browser, updating Mozilla to the latest version, and checking your internet connection before seeking further assistance.

2. Is there a known issue with forum access through Mozilla?

At this time, there are no known issues with forum access via Mozilla. However, if you are experiencing difficulties, please let us know so that we can investigate and resolve the issue.

3. Can I use any other Mozilla-based browser to access the forum?

Yes, you can use any Mozilla-based browser, such as Firefox or SeaMonkey, to access the forum. However, it is always recommended to use the latest version of any browser for optimal performance and security.

4. I am able to access other websites using Mozilla, so why am I having trouble with the forum?

While it is possible that the issue may lie with the forum itself, it is also worth checking if there are any browser extensions or plugins that could be causing the problem. Sometimes, these can interfere with website access and may need to be disabled or updated.

5. How can I troubleshoot forum access issues with Mozilla?

If you are experiencing persistent issues with forum access via Mozilla, we recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies, disabling any extensions or plugins, and restarting your browser before trying again. If the problem persists, please reach out to our technical support team for further assistance.