VOTE Photo Contest - This is Halloween

In summary, the conversation is about a photo contest with a Halloween theme. There are five entries, including Janus, ZapperZ, Zenparticle, hypatia, and Gale. Janus' entry is eye-catching and fitting for the theme, while hypatia's has a horror movie vibe. The contest is almost over and Janus seems to be the front-runner.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween

• Janus

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Zenparticle

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • hypatia

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Gale

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
It was a smaller number of entries than I anticipated. Still, we have a crop of good pictures for this contest.

Please vote for a picture that best depicts our theme, which is Halloween.

1. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jol.jpg

2. ZapperZ
img9398rb7.jpg

3. Zenparticle
l_48127186284b69120480ecce12d95e75.jpg

4. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/mary1.jpg

5. Gale
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9532/stuff001edee2.jpg

Contest thread

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You have less than 2 days left to cast a vote in this contest.

Zz.

Oops, missed this one! Janus' is clearly eye-catching, and clearly belongs to the current contest :tongue: :biggrin:, but the eyeshine and red-eye in hypatia's snap is clearly something out of a horror movie.

I really liked Janus'. Some folks must have missed this contest, because I'm seeing some really good entries in the "orange" contest up this week that would have fit with a Halloween theme too.

Less than a day left to vote in this contest, and it looks like Janus is running away with it! Get your votes in!

Zz.

1. What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween" is a photography contest hosted by the scientific organization "Participatory Futures" (PF). The theme of the contest is Halloween, and participants are invited to submit their best photo that captures the spirit of this holiday.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to all individuals who are interested in photography and are at least 18 years old. Participants can be from any country, as long as they have access to the internet to submit their photo entry.

3. How do I submit my photo entry?

To submit your photo entry, you must first register on the PF website and create an account. Once you have an account, you can upload your photo entry through the contest submission form on the website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules for submission provided by PF.

4. How will the winner be selected?

The winner will be selected through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts in photography and Halloween. The public voting will take place on the PF website, where anyone can vote for their favorite photo. The panel of judges will also evaluate the photos based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the Halloween theme.

5. What is the prize for the winner?

The winner of the contest will receive a cash prize of $1000 and their winning photo will be featured on the PF website and social media pages. They will also receive a certificate of recognition from PF for their achievement.