Will Physics Forums Chess Return? Inquiring Casually

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary: PF chess subforum may be restored after the upgrade despite initial concerns. The conversation also covers a bit of banter and excitement about the return of the chess forum, as well as some discussion about playing chess and suggestions for the forum.
Andre
Meanwhile, seeing the impressive upgrade of PF, would it be too audacious to inquire casually, if there is any chance to have the PF chess subforum restored? (no pressure by all means).

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg had announced that before the upgrade we might lose the chess forum. Apparently it's not supported in the new software. Sorry. :frown:

I know you really enjoyed it Andre, if the addon is ever ported to the new version I will install it. :cry:

Last edited:
my supremacy over chess-land came to an abrupt end =(

I only got to play one game with some guy who thought we were playing draughts :(

Hillarious.

Huntzie said:
I only got to play one game with some guy who thought we were playing draughts :(

Did you lose?

Bringing this back from the dead because the chess app should work again. Anyone game?

That's cool! I'm still not very into chess, but I know how much other people enjoyed having it. I also enjoyed peeking into the games sometimes and watching players banter back and forth.

Nice Greg, and thanks for bringing back the birthdays!

I used to be an addicted player before University. I still watch games almost everyday though and I die to play!
So if I have some free time I'd be interested in it.

I always lost, and got yelled at for making wrong and illegal moves, lol. I may suck at Chess, but I think it's fun to play!

great, thanks Greg. Will there be a subforum again?

Andre said:
great, thanks Greg. Will there be a subforum again?

yes it would be in a forum

I'd like to play chess! why not be the first to play against you Andre since you seem like a chess expert :cool:

[don't expect much though, I'm just a biggener :tongue:]

PF Chess is back! Hidden in the Brain Teaser forum :D
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Thanks again Greg, very nice.

:uhh: Ps could you please have another look at the coordinates and the color of the pieces, thanks

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/chess/img/CHESS_01.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

ok, I think I fixed it

the sandman

1. What is "Physics Forums Chess"?

"Physics Forums Chess" is an online chess community that was once hosted on the Physics Forums website. It allowed members to play chess with each other and discuss various chess-related topics.

2. Why did "Physics Forums Chess" disappear?

The "Physics Forums Chess" community was discontinued due to a lack of activity and participation from members. The website's administrators decided to focus on other areas of the site with higher traffic and engagement.

3. Will "Physics Forums Chess" ever return?

There is no official plan to bring back "Physics Forums Chess" at this time. However, if there is enough interest and demand from the community, it is possible for the administrators to consider reviving the community.

4. Can I still access old "Physics Forums Chess" threads and discussions?

Unfortunately, the "Physics Forums Chess" community has been completely removed from the website, so it is not possible to access any old threads or discussions related to the community.

5. Are there any other online chess communities I can join?

Yes, there are many other online chess communities and websites available. Some popular options include Chess.com, Lichess, and Chess24. These communities offer a variety of features and resources for chess players of all levels.