Alternative to Nucleonica.net

• Thread starter Mickey1
  • Start date
In summary, Nucleonica.net is no longer free of charge, but there are other websites such as RSICC, NNDC, and IAEA that offer radiation dose calculation tools and databases.
Mickey1
I used to use Nucleonica.net from Karlsruhe when ever I needed information about
dose from a radiation source behind a reference shielding for example.

This site is no longer free of charge. Do you know any good substitutes?

Engineering news on Phys.org
http://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q708.html

Has some info and suggested sites

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there,

I understand your frustration with Nucleonica.net no longer being free of charge. It was a great resource for radiation dose information. However, there are some other options you can consider.

One option is the Radiation Safety Information Computational Center (RSICC) website, which is operated by the US Department of Energy. They offer a wide range of radiation dose calculation tools and databases for free.

Another option is the National Nuclear Data Center (NNDC) website, which is also operated by the US Department of Energy. They have a comprehensive database of nuclear data and calculators for radiation dose calculations.

You can also check out the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) website, which offers a variety of resources for radiation safety and dose calculation tools.

I hope these alternatives will be helpful for you. Best of luck in your search for radiation dose information.

1. What is Nucleonica.net and why do we need an alternative?

Nucleonica.net is a web-based platform that provides nuclear data and software tools for scientists, engineers, and students in the nuclear industry. An alternative may be needed to access similar resources or to provide different features that better suit the user's needs.

2. What features should an alternative to Nucleonica.net have?

An alternative to Nucleonica.net should have similar features such as access to nuclear data, calculations, and simulations. It may also offer additional features such as user-friendly interfaces, customizable tools, and collaboration options.

3. Is there a cost associated with using an alternative to Nucleonica.net?

It depends on the alternative platform. Some may be free to use, while others may require a subscription or payment for certain features. It is important to research and compare different alternatives to find the best option for your needs and budget.

4. Can an alternative to Nucleonica.net be used for educational purposes?

Yes, many alternative platforms offer educational resources and tools for students and teachers. Some may also have special pricing or features for educational institutions.

5. How can I determine the reliability and accuracy of an alternative to Nucleonica.net?

It is important to research the platform and its sources of data and information. Look for reviews and feedback from other users, as well as any certifications or partnerships that may indicate the platform's reliability. It may also be helpful to consult with experts in the field to verify the accuracy of the data and calculations provided by the alternative platform.