MathJax not working in any browser on any of my computers

• Thread starter Bryson
  • Start date
Bryson
Hello,

I cannot seem to solve this problem! Both Google Chrome and IE do not show up latex in any forum sites such as this one, or stackexchange. Using this website,

https://www.physicsforums.com/mathjax/test/preview.html

the math shows up. It is only on forum websites it appears. I have this problem on both my laptop and my desktop. I have re-installed Google Chrome with no success. I have no idea what the problem may be. . .

Just a test. . . [itex] \LaTeX [/itex]

Please someone help me!

Also, I hope I am in the correct forum. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
hasn't worked for me for a while, either, I just assumed we were in transition. (using Chrome).

Oh.. .not even on stack exchange? that's strange, then.

Yes, and it does not work when I use IE either. I am very upset. . .

Bryson said:
Yes, and it does not work when I use IE either. I am very upset. . .

Are you, perhaps, using some extension that's blocking it? Such as NotScript?

I do not believe so. I do use AdBlock, but I have always used it with no problem.

Bryson said:
I do not believe so. I do use AdBlock, but I have always used it with no problem.

Go to "Settings" and then "extensions" and show us what extensions you're using. Also, what filters do you use with adblock? Perhaps one of them is blocking mathjax? (I doubt it tho).

Likes 1 person
Thanks for taking the time to try and help me Crake! My extensions are AdBlock and Google Docs. The AdBlock has both custom and easy filters selected (both recommended).

Bryson said:
Thanks for taking the time to try and help me Crake! My extensions are AdBlock and Google Docs. The AdBlock has both custom and easy filters selected (both recommended).

Hum...

Perhaps you clicked on a post that had no Latex?

THIS thread uses latex. You really can't see it?

Also, aren't you using some kind of IP blocker? (Like peerblock or something like that). Honestly, I'm not even sure that would block mathjax, but I'm out of ideas.

It's a mystery to me as well. In fact, I did just move to another province and switched internet providers. I am now using Rogers with a Cisco modem / router. Could this be the issue? The problem started when I moved here now that I think about it. Nope, still cannot read [itex] \LaTeX [/itex].

Bryson said:
It's a mystery to me as well. In fact, I did just move to another province and switched internet providers. I am now using Rogers with a Cisco modem / router. Could this be the issue? The problem started when I moved here now that I think about it. Nope, still cannot read [itex] \LaTeX [/itex].

I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I would say "no", but if it was the only thing that changed...

Your best bet is to either wait for Greg or ask in stackexchange, they're pretty fast answering. If I were you, I'd ask in SE.

Can you reach mathjax.org?
Does it work there?

If you cannot reach the site -> DNS issue? Can you ping it? Can you reach 130.44.204.210?
If you can reach the site, but it does not work there -> JS issue?

Likes 1 person
I can reach the site, and no, the latex does not show up; I just see the code. MathML does work! I can ping it and I do reach 130.44.204.210. As for the java issue, I am completely ignorant as to what to do. I recently (few hours ago) installed the newest version of java. Nothing has changed.

Does it work with FireFox?

Likes 1 person
Not sure, I really do not want to download another browser. But I will and I will let you know!

Thanks Greg, I will do so. And no, it does not work on Firefox either. . .

It now works! If anyone still cares that is!

1. Why is MathJax not working on any of my browsers?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be due to a compatibility issue with the browser or an outdated version of MathJax. It could also be caused by a conflict with another extension or plugin installed on your browser.

2. How can I fix MathJax not working on my computers?

First, try updating your browser and MathJax to the latest versions. If that doesn't work, try disabling any other extensions or plugins that may be causing a conflict. You can also try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.

3. Do I need to have an internet connection for MathJax to work?

Yes, MathJax requires an internet connection to load the necessary files and render the mathematical equations correctly. If you are offline, the equations may not display properly.

4. Can I use MathJax on any website?

No, MathJax needs to be enabled on the website for it to work. Some websites may not have MathJax enabled, so the equations may not display properly.

5. Is there a limit to the complexity of equations that MathJax can render?

There is no specific limit, but extremely complex equations may take longer to render and may not display properly. It is best to break down complex equations into smaller parts for better rendering.