Integrating $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$

• Thread starter kelvin911
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrating
In summary, The conversation discusses the integral \int_0^{\pi} \frac{x}{1+\sin(x)\cos(x)} dx and how to solve it. The method for solving the integral is discussed, with suggestions such as using u-substitution. It is also noted that giving the answer directly may not be helpful for learning purposes.
kelvin911
[tex]
\int_0^{\pi} \frac{x}{1+\sin(x)\cos(x)} dx
[/tex]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
how does latex in this forum works? how to get rid of the 18416 ?

testing

[tex]\frac{1}{2}[/tex]

[tex]\int_0^{\pi} \frac{x}{1+\sin(x)\cos(x)} dx[/tex]

Why is this a hard integral? Post your work please

what is the method used?

This is not a competition. I had the answer the minute I looked at the problem to make sure it existed. The point is to teach him how to find the solution by looking at his attempt at the solution. Please don't randomly post an answer which does not help him in any way.

To OP: for what its worth, sin(2*x) = 2*sin(x)*cos(x). You can try u=2*x, du = 2 dx

Last edited:
cronxeh said:
This is not a competition. I had the answer the minute I looked at the problem to make sure it existed. The point is to teach him how to find the solution by looking at his attempt at the solution. Please don't randomly post an answer which does not help him in any way.

Exactly. I've deleted the posts with answers in them. This is most likely homework, so giving the OP the answer is cheating. I'm moving this thread to Homework Help, Calculus and Beyond.

1. What is the formula for integrating $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$?

The formula for integrating $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$ is $\int_{0}^{\pi} \frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)} dx$.

2. How do you evaluate the integral of $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$?

To evaluate the integral of $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$, you can use the substitution method or the integration by parts method. Both methods will result in the same answer.

3. Can the integral of $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$ be solved using basic integration rules?

No, the integral of $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$ cannot be solved using basic integration rules. It requires more advanced integration techniques such as substitution or integration by parts.

4. What is the significance of integrating $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$ in scientific research?

The integral of $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$ has various applications in physics, engineering, and other scientific fields. It can be used to solve problems related to motion, waves, and electric circuits, among others.

5. Are there any real-life scenarios where integrating $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$ would be useful?

Yes, there are many real-life scenarios where integrating $\frac{x}{1 + \sin(x) \cos(x)}$ from 0 to $\pi$ would be useful. For example, it can be used to calculate the work done by a force over a given distance or the total charge passing through an electric circuit over a specific time interval.