Pillow and sheet fort World record?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary: Red Rider, and it drew blood. I think the first kid to get hit was a neighbor kid. :rofl:In summary, the conversation is about childhood memories, specifically building pillow and sheet forts. The participants reminisce about their own childhood forts and the various materials they used. They also discuss different types of ammunition they used in their childhood wars, such as water balloons, mud pies, and caps. One participant mentions using a slingshot loaded with hard candy, which resulted in welts. The conversation also touches on music and hip-hop albums. The conversation ends with a discussion about singular matrices and how to construct a nonzero matrix.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Pillow and sheet fort! World record?

Ok for those of you who had miserable childhoods or don't know what cool is...

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/forts/default.php

That is a pillow and sheet fort. This is the pinnacle of mankind's achievements. Does anyone happen to know there's a world record for a pillow fort? I was trying to look it up but i kept getting a Fort Pillow :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Boy do i want to make a pillow fort...

Physics news on Phys.org
Amateurs! :grumpy:
Mine was a wool blanket draped over a card table. And I don't see anything that even vaguely resembles a machine-gun nest guarding the entrance.

Show that if A is invertible, then [itex] det A^{-1} = \frac {1}{det A} [/itex].

Sadly, that link was filmed on location, their mom's basement. (and they all look in their mid 20's :rolleyes:)

cyrusabdollahi said:
Show that if A is invertible, then [itex] det A^{-1} = \frac {1}{det A} [/itex].
Stop giving him easy ones, geeze :rolleyes: Let me look at my book and find something that will take more than a few minutes.

Hey, they arent for you to solve man. :uhh:

BTW, I am listening to Mos def 'respiration' ...ooo yea..

Pillows?! You kids have gotten all soft! We had to drape our blankets over the kitchen chairs. And where are the grenades (a.k.a. water balloons)? :rolleyes:

I have never listened to Mos Def actually, I should grab one of his albums some day. Have you listened to Eric B and Rakim's Paid In Full yet :rolleyes: ? I am telling you, that is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, hip-hop/rap album of all time, you must listen to it!

Moonbear said:
Pillows?! You kids have gotten all soft! We had to drape our blankets over the kitchen chairs. And where are the grenades (a.k.a. water balloons)? :rolleyes:

I use to do that :biggrin:

Moonbear, ban everyone whos off topic. Especially cyrus. ESPECIALLY CYRUS.

THREAD CLOSED!

Wait htis is my thread

THREAD OPEN!

Moonbear said:
And where are the grenades (a.k.a. water balloons)? :rolleyes:
You can be such a girl sometimes. :rolleyes:
You kids these days... really... sure, the phosphorous grenades that we used weren't good enough for you... you just had to go and use water instead... :grumpy:

Danger said:
You can be such a girl sometimes. :rolleyes:
You kids these days... really... sure, the phosphorous grenades that we used weren't good enough for you... you just had to go and use water instead... :grumpy:
Don't blame me, blame my mom! She had fits enough over water balloons. And you should have seen how much trouble we got into for playing with CAPS...harmless little caps! I was with my cousins and we didn't even have a cap gun, just a hammer to smash them with. :rolleyes: I think even my dad got in trouble for knowing we were playing with them and not stopping us (he tried explaining they were JUST caps too :rolleyes:). I wondered if my mom was ever a kid. I suspect she hatched full grown.

Moonbear said:
We used card table, chairs, sofa, and whatever we could haul into the living room. At one point, we had about two-thirds of the living room occupied.

Moonbear - water baloons in the house?! :bugeye:

Outdoors, we used to make pill boxes in a tree nursery. The trees were usually in large burlap wrappings containing dirt, and they sat in large holes. We'd excavate the holes, cover with plywood and more burlap, and over that with dirt and sod. We'd cover the windows with vegetation, and then we had dirt clod wars.

Astronuc said:
Moonbear - water baloons in the house?! :bugeye:
It was in the kitchen. :uhh: Yeah, we didn't get away with that for long. :redface: The fort had to be relocated to the patio with lawn chairs and the picnic table before we were allowed to restock the armory. :shy:

Moonbear said:
It was in the kitchen. :uhh: Yeah, we didn't get away with that for long. :redface: The fort had to be relocated to the patio with lawn chairs and the picnic table before we were allowed to restock the armory. :shy:
:rofl: How about mud-pies. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Don't blame me, blame my mom! She had fits enough over water balloons. And you should have seen how much trouble we got into for playing with CAPS...harmless little caps! I was with my cousins and we didn't even have a cap gun, just a hammer to smash them with. :rolleyes: I think even my dad got in trouble for knowing we were playing with them and not stopping us (he tried explaining they were JUST caps too :rolleyes:). I wondered if my mom was ever a kid. I suspect she hatched full grown.

I loved those!

I ended up using caps to make small fireworks. A combination of matches and caps could make a nice firework show. Certainly not safe though. I had a friend from school that somehow blew up a pen while holding it in his hand. I doubt he was being careful though.

We used to use slingshots loaded with hardcandy...man that hurt. I think I still have welts.

Pengwuino said:
THREAD CLOSED!

Wait htis is my thread

THREAD OPEN!
:rofl: Make up your mind, will you. :rofl:

Yes, it's sad moonbear. In situations like these I don't know what to say to him anymore......

Let A be an nxn singular matrix. Describe how to construct an nxn nonzero matrix B such that AB=0.

DocToxyn said:
We used to use slingshots loaded with hardcandy...man that hurt.
Our wars began with weed seeds fired out of .177 pellet rifles. I (wisely, I think) ceased participating when the rest of my friends escalated to using steel BB's. The rest of them gave up when one bought a pump gun that fired a BB at about the power of a .22 short. :eek:

What is the current world record for the largest pillow and sheet fort?

The current world record for the largest pillow and sheet fort is held by a group of students from the University of Alberta, Canada. They built a fort that measured 686.6 square meters in 2018.

How long did it take to build the largest pillow and sheet fort?

The University of Alberta students took a total of 13 hours and 18 minutes to build their fort. However, the official record only counts the time spent constructing the fort, which was 8 hours and 3 minutes.

What materials were used to build the largest pillow and sheet fort?

The fort was built using 1,200 pillows, 1,000 sheets, and 6,000 feet of tape. The students also used furniture and other household items to support the fort's structure.

Who holds the record for the youngest person to participate in building the largest pillow and sheet fort?

The youngest participant in the record-breaking fort was 4 years old. However, the official record is not based on individual participation, but rather the size and construction of the fort as a whole.

Is there a specific set of rules that must be followed to qualify for the largest pillow and sheet fort world record?

Yes, there are specific guidelines set by Guinness World Records that must be followed in order to qualify for the largest pillow and sheet fort world record. These guidelines include using only pillows, sheets, and tape as the main materials, and the fort must be self-supporting without any external structures or support.