Contribute beside using a paypal account?

• Thread starter ziad1985
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed alternative ways to contribute to the site without using a PayPal account. It was mentioned that PayPal is generally secure, but if the user prefers another method of payment, they can contact the site owner, Greg Bernhardt, for more options. The topic of country selection and currency was also brought up, with the suggestion to contact Greg for assistance if the user's country is not listed.
ziad1985
Is there any other way to contribute beside using a paypal account?
I don't feel very secure about paypal accounts..

Physics news on Phys.org
You don't actually have to create a paypal account when you contribute (unless some flakey thing has gone wrong with the server again). You just use paypal to pay through a credit card. But, if you prefer another means of payment, you can contact Greg Bernhardt by private message (he's the site owner) and inquire into whether there's another way to contribute that you would feel more secure about.

ziad1985 said:
Is there any other way to contribute beside using a paypal account?
I don't feel very secure about paypal accounts..

According to what I heard, PayPal is pretty much secure, since it's definitely in their interest to be secure.

Ok I see, something else my country is not listed when I'm trying to contribute In paypal thing, choose the nearest?

The country selected determines the currency, as far as I can remember. If your country isn't displayed, contact Greg and ask him about whether he can accept payment from other countries (otherwise, you're likely to get charged extra for the currency conversion if you use your credit card for a currency different than yours).

actually my credit card is in $, but I can't find lebanon, and if I choose USA I have to enter a location in The USA, where I don't live, so quiet like cheating , but I'll contact him with this issue.
Thank you..

1. What other methods of contributing are available besides using a PayPal account?

There are a few other methods for contributing to scientific research besides using a PayPal account. Some examples include donating through a credit or debit card, mailing a check or money order, or setting up a recurring donation through a bank transfer.

2. Can I contribute to a specific research project or cause?

Yes, many scientific organizations and research institutions allow donors to specify where their contribution will go. This can be done through their website or by contacting the organization directly.

3. Are my contributions tax-deductible?

In most cases, yes. If you are donating to a registered non-profit organization, your contributions are usually tax-deductible. However, it is always best to check with the organization or consult with a tax professional to be sure.

4. Will I receive any acknowledgement or updates on how my contribution was used?

Many organizations have systems in place to acknowledge donors and provide updates on how their contributions were used. This can include newsletters, email updates, or personalized thank-you notes. Be sure to check with the organization to see if this is an option.

5. Can I contribute in other ways besides monetary donations?

Yes, there are often other ways to contribute to scientific research besides monetary donations. Some organizations may accept donations of materials or equipment, while others may offer volunteer opportunities. You can also help spread awareness and support for a cause through social media or word of mouth.