Forces are kicking my butt HELP

• Thread starter uptaylorj491
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forces
In summary, an astronaut weighing 726.6 N on Earth lifts off from the planet Zuton with a free-fall acceleration of 7.8 m/s^2. The spaceship experiences an acceleration of 9.1 m/s^2. To find the magnitude of the force exerted on the astronaut by the spaceship, the mass of the astronaut needs to be determined using Newton's second law. The acceleration of gravity on Zuton is 9.8m/s^2 and the mass of the astronaut remains the same on any planet. The given weight of the astronaut on Earth can be used to calculate their mass. The answer should be in units of N.
uptaylorj491
Ok I really just don't even know where to start on this problem and i have to turn in a fully explained problem...

An astronaut who weighs 726.6 N on the surface of the Earth lifts off from the planet Zuton in a space ship. The free-fall acceleration on Zuton is 7.8 m/s^2. At the moment of lift off the spaceship experiences an scceleration of 9.1 m/s^2.
The acceleration of gravity is 9.8m/s^2. What is the magnitude of the force that the spaceship exerts on the astronaut? Answer in units of N.

Physics news on Phys.org
You know that the mass of the astronaut has to be the same on any planet. You have the weight of the astronaut on Earth given to you. You know the acceleration of gravity. Use the second law of Newton to find the mass of the astronaut first.

P.S : This question should be under introductory physics, not advanced physics.

What are forces and how do they affect me?

Forces are any push or pull acting on an object. They can affect you by changing your speed, direction, or shape.

Why do I feel like forces are "kicking my butt"?

If you are feeling overwhelmed by forces, it could be because you are experiencing multiple forces at once, or a single force that is very strong. This can cause changes in your motion that can be difficult to control.

How can I better understand and manage forces?

To better understand and manage forces, it is important to learn about the different types of forces, such as gravity, friction, and tension. You can also use mathematical equations, such as Newton's Laws, to help predict and control the effects of forces.

What are some real-life examples of forces?

Some common examples of forces in everyday life include walking (friction between your feet and the ground), throwing a ball (force of your arm pushing the ball), and driving a car (gravity pulling the car towards the ground).

How can I apply my knowledge of forces to solve problems?

By understanding how forces work and the equations that govern them, you can apply your knowledge to solve problems related to motion, such as calculating an object's acceleration or predicting the path of a projectile.