Polynomial system, apparently for real champs

In summary, Didier has been struggling to solve a system consisting of three equations with four variables. He is seeking help in solving it, either mathematically or programmatically. One person has pointed out a possible error in the equations and suggests using Mathematica to graph them and find a common point.
boeledi
Hi,

I have now been working for a couple of days on the following system without finding any real clue...

Could someone give me a help?
If there wouldn't be any mathematical way to solve (we never know), could someone detail me how to solve it programmatically?

In advance, many thanks

Didier

-x + y + z + 2A sin(y-z) = C
-x + y - z + 2A sin(x-z) = C
x + y - z + 2A sin(x-y) = C

where A, C are constant and A, x, y, z are not equal to 0

Physics news on Phys.org
I suspect you wrote it down wrong, as it is not symmetrical, and the second equation should be x-y+z +2A sin(x-z) = C, when the solution would be x=y=z=C.

As it is, I can see no solution.

note each equation expresses one of the three letters as a single valued function of the other, (for instance the first equation is easily solved for x), so each equation could be graphed using Mathematica, and you could look at the three simultaneous graphs for a common point.

Hi Didier,

Thank you for reaching out for help with your polynomial system. It sounds like you have been putting in a lot of effort without finding a solution yet.

First of all, I want to assure you that there is always a mathematical way to solve a system of equations, even if it may not be immediately obvious. However, it may require some creative thinking and using different techniques such as substitution, elimination, or graphing. It's important to not give up and continue exploring different approaches.

If you are unable to find a solution mathematically, then solving the system programmatically may be a good option. This means using a computer program or algorithm to solve the equations. There are many resources available online that can help you with this, such as mathematical software or coding forums. It would be helpful to provide more specific details about the system, such as the values of A and C, and any other relevant information.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck in solving this polynomial system. Don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance. Remember, real champs never give up!

1. What is a polynomial system?

A polynomial system is a set of equations that involve polynomial functions. These equations contain multiple variables and their corresponding coefficients, and the goal is to find the values of the variables that satisfy all the equations simultaneously.

2. What makes a polynomial system "apparently for real champs"?

This phrase is often used to describe a particularly challenging polynomial system that requires advanced mathematical techniques to solve. It may also refer to a system that has real-valued solutions rather than complex solutions.

3. How do you solve a polynomial system?

There are various methods for solving polynomial systems, including substitution, elimination, and Gaussian elimination. The most commonly used method is Gaussian elimination, which involves systematically eliminating variables from the equations until a solution is found.

4. Can all polynomial systems be solved?

Not all polynomial systems have a solution. In some cases, there may be no solution that satisfies all the equations, and in others, there may be an infinite number of solutions. The solvability of a polynomial system depends on the specific equations and variables involved.

5. What are some real-life applications of polynomial systems?

Polynomial systems are used in various fields, such as engineering, physics, economics, and computer science. They can be used to model and solve problems related to optimization, curve fitting, and data analysis. For example, they can be used to predict stock market trends, design optimal routes for transportation, and analyze the behavior of complex systems.