Finally got my ODE final grade in

• Thread starter Shackleford
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final Ode
In summary, the speaker received an A- for their semester in Differential Equations, despite initially expecting a C+/B-. They were unsure if there would be a curve or grade adjustment due to low exam scores and harsh grading. However, they found out that they performed well compared to a math major/physics minor classmate and accepted the semester for what it was. The professor has a poor rating on ratemyprofessor.com.
Shackleford
Finally got my Diff. EQ. final grade in

I took the final last Tuesday (a week from yesterday). I was eagerly (really anxiously) awaiting the final grade. Strictly looking at the numbers going into the final, my grade was probably a C+/B-. The entire semester I wondered if there was some kind of curve or adjustment to the grade because my exams seemed a bit low and the grading a little harsh. Throughout the semester, this one particular guy and I would usually see how the other did on the exams. After the final, he told me that we usually did pretty well on the exams compared to some of the other grades he had seen. I found out he's a math major/physics minor, and I'm a physics major/math minor. Well, I received an A- for the semester. I was thoroughly prepared to get a C+, though. I personally could have done a bit better on the exams. I made a few careless mistakes here and there, but I accepted the semester for what it was.

*Differential Equations

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice!

Too bad the prof didn't tell you how the course was being graded...are you sure it wasn't stated in the course syllabus :confused:?.

lisab said:
Nice!

Too bad the prof didn't tell you how the course was being graded...are you sure it wasn't stated in the course syllabus :confused:?.

I am sure. The professor does have an abysmal rating on ratemyprofessor.com. I must say the complaints are not entirely without merit.

1. What is an ODE final grade?

An ODE final grade refers to the final grade received in a course on Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs), which is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of differential equations.

2. How is the ODE final grade calculated?

The ODE final grade is typically calculated based on various factors such as class participation, homework assignments, quizzes, midterms, and a final exam. The weightage of each factor may vary depending on the course structure and instructor's preferences.

3. What is a passing grade for ODE?

A passing grade for ODE may vary depending on the institution and program requirements. Generally, a grade of C or higher is considered a passing grade.

4. What can I do if I am not satisfied with my ODE final grade?

If you are not satisfied with your ODE final grade, you can discuss it with your instructor to understand the grading criteria and ask for a re-evaluation of your assignments or exams. You can also consider appealing your grade through the appropriate channels provided by your institution.

5. How can I improve my ODE final grade?

To improve your ODE final grade, you can focus on understanding the course material, actively participating in class, completing assignments on time, and seeking help from your instructor or peers when needed. It is also essential to review and practice regularly to strengthen your understanding of ODEs.