Who Are Some Hot Actors/Actresses Over 40?

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
In summary: I don't actually believe that. Actually I never said or implied they (we) are too old for romance. What I actually said was romance among older people is just plain not as interesting, much less likely to make for a good movie plot, because older people are too cautious to do the kind of wild things that make for interesting movies.
zoobyshoe said:
Actually I never said or implied they (we) are too old for romance. What I actually said was romance among older people is just plain not as interesting, much less likely to make for a good movie plot, because older people are too cautious to do the kind of wild things that make for interesting movies.

Georgina asked why I often seem to be describing romantic behaviors she characterized as "immature". I said that when I talk about romance and relationships I almost always am referring to the kind of stuff that goes on among younger people, because it's a lot more interesting. That was not meant to be construed to mean " people over 40 are too old for romance".

Meh, what you call "interesting" I call "needless drama". :wink: People over 40 can be all about romance and wild times and doing interesting stuff and having great adventures, just minus the angst and gut twisting goofiness of youth. (Hah! That should get some upset commentary from the young people again.)

Plus, Zooby, you had a list on another thread describing "female" behaviour that I don't recall seeing an age restriction on, hence why my curiosity was raised. Anyway, if I go much further with this, I'd need BobG to start another new thread.

To the topic at hand, yes to all of the women mentioned here. I hadn't realized that so many of the current box-office favourites were women over 40. That's very cool especially given how long that's been an issue for actresses.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think hotness and attractiveness is something that beautiful people grow up to that at around 40-50. I mean people's beauty is sort of immature and lack elegance at younger ages...:wink:

Lisa! said:
I think hotness and attractiveness is something that beautiful people grow up to that at around 40-50. I mean people's beauty is sort of immature and lack elegance at younger ages...:wink:

I think this is mostly true for men... I've noticed that as a guy grows older up to around 50 the girls get more and more attracted to them. :tongue:.

I don't know if I can take attracting much more girls than I do now however so I'd rather stay young :wink:

Cate Blanchett and Mary-Louise Parker make my heart go pitter pat! Lots of lovely ladies in their 40's, and beauty, not just hot chick, lasts a lifetime.

zomgwtf said:
I think this is mostly true for men... I've noticed that as a guy grows older up to around 50 the girls get more and more attracted to them. :tongue:.

I don't know if I can take attracting much more girls than I do now however so I'd rather stay young :wink:

Zomg "Lothario" Wtf! =)

IcedEcliptic said:
Zomg "Lothario" Wtf! =)

thank you, thank you.

leroyjenkens said:
I was going to say that, but she's not 40 in that picture.

Not quite, she was 38 in that photo.

Ivan Seeking said:
Not quite, she was 38 in that photo.

If it was from Moulin Rouge, then she had to have been 34 or under.

leroyjenkens said:
If it was from Moulin Rouge, then she had to have been 34 or under.

Whoops, you're right. I thought she was born in '63. She was born in '67. Moulin Rouge was released in 2001.

Still, she is sooooooo hot!

Ivan Seeking said:
Whoops, you're right. I thought she was born in '63. She was born in '67. Moulin Rouge was released in 2001.

Still, she is sooooooo hot!
I saw her last night in "The Golden Compass" and time has not treated her well. There are some things that makeup, lighting, and camera angle just couldn't cover up.

turbo-1 said:
I saw her last night in "The Golden Compass" and time has not treated her well. There are some things that makeup, lighting, and camera angle just couldn't cover up.

[covers ears and closes eyes] la la la la la la la la la la! I'm not listeniing!

zomgwtf said:

Well, that used to be only true for men because the life style of the past made women very old by the time they got 40 but right now things are quite different and as you see more and more women and actresses get hotter as they grow old.:Biggrin:
And you know what maked men more attractive in their 50s is not only their appreance! They get wiser, more reliable, rich as they grow older. I mean women don't have to put up with so many new madnesses , troubles, changes and whatever like that...:tongue2:

My mom always say hope we find only 1 who's the rightest 1. She means it really doesn't matter how many people you meet and are attracted to you, let's be hopeful 1 f them would be the right person for you...o:)

Ivan Seeking said:
[covers ears and closes eyes] la la la la la la la la la la! I'm not listeniing!

Maybe we should ask Tsu to make you listen...:devil::biggrin:

PS: I think Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Aniston is among those actresses who are getting younger and better every day...

turbo-1 said:

She was playing sort of a villain, wasn't she? I think that had something to do with it.

I'd like to nominate/second the nomination for Ashley Judd: http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/ashleyjudd/ashley_judd_9.jpg

To see wallpapers 1-8, just change the "9" at the end of the filename to "x" for x = 1, ..., 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
leroyjenkens said:
She was playing sort of a villain, wasn't she? I think that had something to do with it.
Actually, she looked pretty good throughout the movie despite her villainy, but there were a couple of profile shots in which the skin on the side of her face looked flaccid and not at all attractive.

zomgwtf said:
I think she's very pretty. I'd hit it.
I didn't say she is ugly or unattractive - just that the years are showing. Rent Golden Compass, and see. IIR, the shot that took me by surprise was an interior shot at her residence at the magisterium. I immediately thought that if she had seen the rushes of the day's shooting, she should have asked to have that scene re-shot.

Actually, I'd agree with turbo.

She's had quite a bit of plastic surgery that, while it hasn't turned out bad, has stripped a little personality out of her face. I think it must be tough for a person to pick out the proper "improvement" to their current appearances. There's always a risk of finding out that a key slight imperfection was what created that unique personality evident in a person's pictures.

Plastic surgery and all, I have to give a nod to Cher. I think she did this concert back in 1999, so she would have been about 53.

cher.jpe

Ivan Seeking said:
Plastic surgery and all, I have to give a nod to Cher. I think she did this concert back in 1999, so she would have been about 53.

cher.jpe

eek!

Demi Moore has aged very well as hotvette says.

IcedEcliptic said:
eek!

Heh, that's really putting it out there at 53 or so. I believe she did that concert for a USO or similar [military] show, I think on a ship, for a bunch of guys who had been away for a long time. :rofl:

There has been a Biography Channel show about her running lately. Really it has been amazing how she has continually reinvented herself. The beat went on a long time ago! And she is a good actress.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Heh, that's really putting it out there at 53 or so. I believe she did that concert for a USO or similar [military] show, I think on a ship, for a bunch of guys who had been away for a long time. :rofl:

I give her much credit for courage, just not for fashion :)

IcedEcliptic said:
I give her much credit for courage, just not for fashion :)

Fashion? What's that? That outfit is all about sex! :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Fashion? What's that? That outfit is all about sex! :biggrin:

At least she isn't taking the Lady GaGa bubble wrap look :)

turbo-1 said:
I didn't say she is ugly or unattractive - just that the years are showing. Rent Golden Compass, and see. IIR, the shot that took me by surprise was an interior shot at her residence at the magisterium. I immediately thought that if she had seen the rushes of the day's shooting, she should have asked to have that scene re-shot.
I agree. She's got that style of good looks based on 'girlishness', for lack of
a better term, and when it goes its noticeable. Other looks - the Sophia Loren type - can ride the wave much longer.

mheslep said:
I agree. She's got that style of good looks based on 'girlishness', for lack of
a better term, and when it goes its noticeable. Other looks - the Sophia Loren type - can ride the wave much longer.
And Raquel.

turbo-1 said:
And Raquel.
yep. All day long.

Lisa! said:
And you know what maked men more attractive in their 50s is not only their appreance! They get wiser, more reliable, rich as they grow older.

I think men are most attractive in their late 90s to early 100s. Especially if they are extremely wealthy. o:)

Math Is Hard said:
I think men are most attractive in their late 90s to early 100s. Especially if they are extremely wealthy. o:)
Nice to know, but then they're about as useful as a photograph.

mheslep said:
Nice to know, but then they're about as useful as a photograph.

I believe she is speaking in terms of the attractive nature of the estate ;)

Math Is Hard said:
And terminally ill.

Ah then that would be widowed men in there 90s ...

Math Is Hard said:

I think women married to terminally ill men in their 90s to early 100s are attractive.

Back