Who Are Some Hot Actors/Actresses Over 40?

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
In summary: I don't actually believe that. Actually I never said or implied they (we) are too old for romance. What I actually said was romance among older people is just plain not as interesting, much less likely to make for a good movie plot, because older people are too cautious to do the kind of wild things that make for interesting movies.
Here we go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I love this thread. :biggrin:

B. Elliott said:
Here we go.

I clicked on that link and got:
“My favorite NLV scene”
This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.
To view this video or group, please verify you are 18 or older by signing in or signing up.

I can't watch it. o:)

I'm not signing up on Youtube.

I was going to suggest Kate Beckinsale, but I looked and she's only 36 (almost 37). Wait 3 more years and then add her to this list!

Did anyone mention Brooke Shields?

050701_brooke_vmed_4a.widec.jpg

Ivan Seeking said:
Did anyone mention Brooke Shields?

050701_brooke_vmed_4a.widec.jpg

She's getting a little... jagged?

IcedEcliptic said:
She's getting a little... jagged?

Yeah, not a very flattering picture.

[PLAIN]http://www.superphotospace.com/images/thumb/brooke_shields13_48bead0678ccc-t.jpg [Broken]
http://www.zimbio.com/Brooke+Shields/articles/93/Brooke+Shields+Bikini+Top+Shape+Magazine+Cover [Broken]

Better?

I don't know why the picture in #88 doesn't work. It worked when I previewed. :confused: This is the link: http://snipurl.com/w9cdr [Broken] Uh, no it's not. What the...

It is the right URL, but it doesn't work between img tags (except for the first time), or when you click it. You have to copy and paste. :confused: [noparse]http://snipurl.com/w9cdr[/noparse]. [Broken]

beautiful_girls_1.jpg

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't know in whose eye is the "hotness and sexiness"? Or what actually separates the "beauty and gorgeousness" from the "sexiness and hotness"? because these characteristics don't necessarily come together in every individual.I naturally tend to check out all the young women I walk by on the street and I adore many of them, because I see how beautiful and very easy on the eye they are. It's very unfair that you guys are only talking about some Hollywood figures and overlook the fact that there are countless super gorgeous and attractive girls out there on every college campus, in your very neighborhood, and on the streets of every small town or large cities. Just for Christ's sake, next time you are in a nightclub or at the mall, count how many gorgeous ladies are out there right before your eyes and please for Greek gods' sake:smile: stop paying undue attention to a few selected wealthy not-even-attractive-old ladies.
Peace to all women, beautiful/sexy or "un-beautiful/un-sexy" alike :smile

Ivan Seeking said:
[PLAIN]http://www.superphotospace.com/images/thumb/brooke_shields13_48bead0678ccc-t.jpg [Broken]
http://www.zimbio.com/Brooke+Shields/articles/93/Brooke+Shields+Bikini+Top+Shape+Magazine+Cover [Broken]

Better?

Oh yeah :)

Desiree said:
I naturally tend to check out all the young women I walk by on the street and I adore many of them, because I see how beautiful and very easy on the eye they are. It's very unfair that you guys are only talking about some Hollywood figures and overlook the fact that there are countless super gorgeous and attractive girls out there on every college campus, in your very neighborhood, and on the streets of every small town or large cities. Just for Christ's sake, next time you are in a nightclub or at the mall, count how many gorgeous ladies are out there right before your eyes and please for Greek gods' sake:smile: stop paying undue attention to a few selected wealthy not-even-attractive-old ladies.
Peace to all women, beautiful/sexy or "un-beautiful/un-sexy" alike :smile

I don't see the point of this post at all. Obviously we're not going to be talking about random girls on a college campus or the one that was working a double shift over at turtle jacks last night... We don't all know them and we can't go and get pictures of them to show them off because that's just weird. Celebs happen to be peoples go-to when they want to gossip or talk about someone... Right now it just so happens that we're discussing which actors over 40 we find attractive.

Astronuc said:
I clicked on that link and got:
“My favorite NLV scene”
This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.
To view this video or group, please verify you are 18 or older by signing in or signing up.

I can't watch it. o:)

I'm not signing up on Youtube.

I was wondering why it asked me for the same information since there's no nudity or foul language.

zomgwtf said:
I don't see the point of this post at all. Obviously we're not going to be talking about random girls on a college campus or the one that was working a double shift over at turtle jacks last night... We don't all know them and we can't go and get pictures of them to show them off because that's just weird. Celebs happen to be peoples go-to when they want to gossip or talk about someone... Right now it just so happens that we're discussing which actors over 40 we find attractive.

I think he didn't read the title of the thread, as I know of few college "girls" in their 40's.

IcedEcliptic said:
I think he didn't read the title of the thread, as I know of few college "girls" in their 40's.

And what are the chances that all the random ones you see are actresses? (I noticed we sort of ignored the actors and just focused on the women.)

What I do hate is the world's most beautiful people lists that magazines put together. Miraculously, all of the world's most beautiful people are apparently celebrities.
Granted, we don't have pictures of everyone in the world to judge, so they just use celebrities because that's who everyone knows. But they should call it "world's most beautiful celebrities". At least specify that the only ones eligible are celebrities.

leroyjenkens said:
And what are the chances that all the random ones you see are actresses? (I noticed we sort of ignored the actors and just focused on the women.)

What I do hate is the world's most beautiful people lists that magazines put together. Miraculously, all of the world's most beautiful people are apparently celebrities.
Granted, we don't have pictures of everyone in the world to judge, so they just use celebrities because that's who everyone knows. But they should call it "world's most beautiful celebrities". At least specify that the only ones eligible are celebrities.

Now that I agree with. If it were practical to post pictures of random men and women in their 40's+ it would be a good thread, but I think that would be verboten. Those magazines have such a homogeneous beauty...

IcedEcliptic said:

Yes I did read the title of the thread. My point was a contrarian view to paying unwarranted attention to Hollywood celebs. Perhaps, I should have started a new thread, but I thought maybe some of you don't know that there are millions of hot/sexy/beautiful/gorgeous ladies in their 40's, 30's, 20's...out there around you everywhere. One only needs to open their eyes to see them! and once you do, you will find it hard to even name one hot actress anymore.

Desiree said:
Yes I did read the title of the thread. My point was a contrarian view to paying unwarranted attention to Hollywood celebs. Perhaps, I should have started a new thread, but I thought maybe some of you don't know that there are millions of hot/sexy/beautiful/gorgeous ladies in their 40's, 30's, 20's...out there around you everywhere. One only needs to open their eyes to see them! and once you do, you will find it hard to even name one hot actress anymore.

I see some ladies out and about who do look hot for 40. But I don't know they're 40. They could be a suddenly not-so-hot 30.

leroyjenkens said:

I hate it too! specially when I hear the word "the hottest sexiest man/Woman alive" that's the most absurd thing I hear every now and then.

B. Elliott said:
Here we go.

Yep, like I said, beautiful but no actress, so say I.

Margulies, now 43, moves into my top five. Note the lack of tan lines. Do not handle near flammables.

525ufrn.jpg

Just noticed this thread. My #1 choice is Sally Field, period.

Redbelly98 said:
Just noticed this thread. My #1 choice is Sally Field, period.

Have you seen any of her Flying Nun period?
MV5BMTMzMDU3NzA2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDczNzM2._V1._SX420_SY338_.jpg

Who knows what evil lurks beneath the habit? Burt Reynolds knows!

Last edited:
mheslep said:
Have you seen any of her Flying Nun period?
A long time ago, when I was about 7 years old. That was definitely pre-40's for her.

Oh, and thanks for the photo -- I saw the link when I clicked "Quote" on your post, but for some reason it does not display when normally viewing your post. Ah, the memories.

Desiree said:

It is summer, and the ladies come out to jog. No need to convince me *wistful sigh*

Shania Twain

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/images2/S/shaniatwain.jpg

IMP said:
Shania Twain

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/images2/S/shaniatwain.jpg
Looks like she got her hair caught in a fan.

Evo said:
Looks like she got her hair caught in a fan.

I am a fan, although I cannot claim to have caused the disorder in her hair in that picture.

I think it looks fantastic myself.

IMP said:
I am a fan, although I cannot claim to have caused the disorder in her hair in that picture.

I think it looks fantastic myself.

She has a fine body, but an especially attractive face. I love her nose. :)

IMP said:
Shania Twain
Very hot, but not an actress.

mheslep said:

She did play herself in I Heart Huckabees: wink:

mheslep said:

She has acted in many music videos. She also was on a recent episode of American Idol.
Maybe I did push the actress part a bit.

Edit.

<h2>What are the criteria for determining the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40"?</h2><p>The criteria for determining the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40" can vary depending on personal preferences and opinions. However, some common factors that are often considered include physical appearance, talent, popularity, and overall appeal.</p><h2>Who is currently considered the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40"?</h2><p>This is a subjective question and can vary based on individual opinions. Some popular actresses and actors over 40 who are often considered for this title include Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Halle Berry, and George Clooney.</p><h2>How does age affect an actress/actor's career and attractiveness in Hollywood?</h2><p>Age can definitely play a role in an actress/actor's career and attractiveness in Hollywood. As actors and actresses get older, they may face ageism and struggle to find roles that are suitable for their age. However, there are also many talented and successful actors and actresses who continue to have successful careers well into their 40s and beyond.</p><h2>Can an actress/actor's attractiveness be measured objectively?</h2><p>No, attractiveness is subjective and can vary greatly from person to person. While there may be certain societal standards of beauty, what one person finds attractive may not be the same for another. Additionally, attractiveness is not solely based on physical appearance, but can also include talent, charisma, and other factors.</p><h2>Is there a double standard for aging in Hollywood between male and female actors/actresses?</h2><p>There has been much discussion about the double standard for aging in Hollywood between male and female actors/actresses. In general, male actors are often seen as more desirable and attractive as they age, while female actresses may face more pressure to maintain a youthful appearance. However, there are also many examples of successful and celebrated female actresses over 40 who continue to thrive in the industry.</p>

What are the criteria for determining the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40"?

The criteria for determining the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40" can vary depending on personal preferences and opinions. However, some common factors that are often considered include physical appearance, talent, popularity, and overall appeal.

Who is currently considered the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40"?

This is a subjective question and can vary based on individual opinions. Some popular actresses and actors over 40 who are often considered for this title include Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Halle Berry, and George Clooney.

How does age affect an actress/actor's career and attractiveness in Hollywood?

Age can definitely play a role in an actress/actor's career and attractiveness in Hollywood. As actors and actresses get older, they may face ageism and struggle to find roles that are suitable for their age. However, there are also many talented and successful actors and actresses who continue to have successful careers well into their 40s and beyond.

Can an actress/actor's attractiveness be measured objectively?

No, attractiveness is subjective and can vary greatly from person to person. While there may be certain societal standards of beauty, what one person finds attractive may not be the same for another. Additionally, attractiveness is not solely based on physical appearance, but can also include talent, charisma, and other factors.

Is there a double standard for aging in Hollywood between male and female actors/actresses?

There has been much discussion about the double standard for aging in Hollywood between male and female actors/actresses. In general, male actors are often seen as more desirable and attractive as they age, while female actresses may face more pressure to maintain a youthful appearance. However, there are also many examples of successful and celebrated female actresses over 40 who continue to thrive in the industry.

Back