Does anyone else here like cracked.com?

• Thread starter Simfish
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation highlights the unique and effective approach of a humor website that incorporates scientific research into its content. The website avoids pseudoscience and has attracted a loyal following with articles such as "6 Reasons Space Travel Will Always Suck" and "5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted." Despite some skepticism, the website is praised as the best by one of the participants.
Simfish
Gold Member
I've actually found it to be a lot better than most other humor websites, since it actually is pretty good about citing much of the scientific research that gets published by various newspapers - but putting a humorous spin to it. That, and for a humor website, it certainly cites a huge amount of scientific research (oftentimes research I wish more people would get to know - but wouldn't know since science news is so boring to them). It seems to be pretty good about avoiding the pseudoscience (which is something I wouldn't expect from a humor website). I especially liked their "6 Reasons Space Travel Will Always Suck" article. But nonetheless, I often feel ashamed of admitting my fondness for the site, since a lot of other people might be skeptical of the research it cites simply given the humorous bent that the site gives to such research.

Physics news on Phys.org
I particularly liked the article about http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html" .

Last edited by a moderator:
Best website ever. Closely followed by fmylife, nothing better than laughing at other peoples misfortunes.

1. What is cracked.com?

Cracked.com is a comedy website that publishes articles and videos on a variety of topics, including pop culture, history, science, and current events.

2. Is cracked.com a reliable source of information?

No, cracked.com is primarily a comedy website and should not be used as a source of factual information.

3. Who writes the content on cracked.com?

The content on cracked.com is written by a team of staff writers, freelance writers, and guest contributors.

4. Are all of the articles on cracked.com appropriate for all ages?

No, some articles on cracked.com may contain adult language and content that may not be suitable for all ages.

5. Can I submit my own article ideas to cracked.com?

Yes, cracked.com has a submission form for article ideas and pitches. However, there is no guarantee that your idea will be accepted or published.