Division theoryand Prime Number theory

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of finding a formula for dividing numbers and a theory for predicting prime numbers. Some examples and theories are mentioned, but it is ultimately concluded that there is no simple pattern to be found among prime numbers. The idea of potential patterns in different numerical bases is also mentioned.
Moses
Hey,
A while ago i hear about finding the division number theory [Tell how a number can be divied be another unmber as a general formula]. And i am wondering if there is a theory "desicovered" the pattern of the prime numbers. Or at least a fixed pattern for predicting some of the prime numbers "i.e. skipping some".

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
actually i was thinking that number like pi and e have clearly obious patterns in binary. perhaps there's a pattern to primes in some base too...?

T@P said:
actually i was thinking that number like pi and e have clearly obious patterns in binary.

Really ?

1. What is division theory?

Division theory is a mathematical principle that deals with the division of numbers and the relationships between them. It involves understanding factors, multiples, and divisibility rules.

2. What is prime number theory?

Prime number theory is a branch of number theory that focuses on the properties and distribution of prime numbers. It involves studying patterns and relationships between prime numbers.

3. How are division theory and prime number theory related?

Division theory and prime number theory are closely related because prime numbers are a fundamental part of division theory. Prime numbers are only divisible by 1 and themselves, making them important in understanding factors and multiples.

4. What are some real-world applications of division theory and prime number theory?

Division theory and prime number theory have many practical applications, such as in cryptography, computer science, and data encryption. They are also used in fields like finance and economics for calculating interest rates and analyzing stock market trends.

5. How can I improve my understanding of division theory and prime number theory?

To improve your understanding of division theory and prime number theory, it is important to practice solving problems and working with numbers. Additionally, reading books and articles on the subject, and seeking guidance from a math tutor or teacher can also be helpful.