I want the dlls register automatically in the windows system

In summary, the conversation is about how to automatically register a dll in the Windows system for a VB.NET project. The solution suggested is to use a setup project and ensure that the dlls are in the correct locations. There is also a suggestion to use Google to search for more information on automatically registering dlls in Windows.
abeerbalah
register dll automatically in the windows system ?

i`ve added a dlls for a project with vb.net as a reference
but i need to setup the program to another pc , and i want the dlls register automatically in the windows system
how i can do that ??

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org

Why would you want the dll to automatically register in Windows?

The project will hold the links necessary and as long as you provide the dll's in the package in the correct specified locations then the software will know exactly what to do.

Note that you should name your thread appropriately so it gets the best audience. "very important question to me" is not appropriate.

i just need it so much , is there any way in properties or setup advanced options ?

i already try to find an answer there , but i could n`t

1. How do I make DLLs register automatically in the Windows system?

To make DLLs register automatically in the Windows system, you can use the Regsvr32 command line tool. Type "regsvr32 " in the command prompt and press enter. This will register the DLL in the Windows registry.

2. Do I need to register DLLs manually every time I use them?

No, you do not need to register DLLs manually every time you use them. Once a DLL is registered, it will stay registered until it is uninstalled or the system is reset.

3. Can I register multiple DLLs at once?

Yes, you can register multiple DLLs at once by separating their filenames with a space in the Regsvr32 command. For example, "regsvr32 ".

4. What happens if a DLL fails to register?

If a DLL fails to register, it may be due to a compatibility issue or missing dependencies. Make sure to check the system requirements for the DLL and install any necessary dependencies.

5. Is there a way to automatically register DLLs during installation?

Yes, you can include the Regsvr32 command in a batch file or script during the installation process to automatically register the DLLs. This can save time and effort for users who may not be familiar with the registration process.