English language undergrad courses in Europe (non-uk)

In summary: EU? Ireland is a great place to do physics if you are not from the EU - the tuition is very affordable!
nickbob00
Hi

I am a UK student and I'll be applying for undergrad physics courses in the UK and hopefully mainland Europe to start next September - just in time for the £9000/year fees to kick in! Most of my chosen UK courses are "Year in Europe" courses anyway, since I would like to study abroad anyway.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent/respected Physics courses (preferably with affordable fees) around Europe taught entirely in English. I speak French to a fair standard, but nowhere near well enough to study in it, and am willing/able to learn any language to the standard needed to survive in that country.

I am aware of the International Physics Study Programme in Leipzig, Germany and also of the more general sciences programme at University College Utrecht in the Netherlands.

I'm currently taking A levels in further maths, Physics and Chemistry, and last year I got an A* in A level Maths, and 3 As in AS Physics, Chemistry and Biology, so I'm hoping grades will not be much of an issue.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.bachelorsportal.eu might be useful.update: see also http://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/07535.en.html (international programmes = English programmes)
Note that for Germany, most universities are public and the tuition fees are in general 500eur (max) per semester, but this does not apply to Jacobs university which is a private institution.

Last edited by a moderator:
nickbob00 said:
Hi

I am a UK student and I'll be applying for undergrad physics courses in the UK and hopefully mainland Europe to start next September - just in time for the £9000/year fees to kick in!

good for you! you and your year have been well and truly screwed over by the ConDems.

so, IRELAND - 2000 euro a year I think for EU students

What universities offer English language undergraduate courses in Europe?

There are many universities in Europe that offer English language undergraduate courses. Some popular options include University of Amsterdam, University of Copenhagen, University of Vienna, and University of Barcelona.

Are there any language requirements for these courses?

Most universities require a certain level of proficiency in English, such as a minimum score on the IELTS or TOEFL exams. However, some universities may also offer language courses for non-native English speakers to improve their skills before starting their undergraduate studies.

What is the duration of English language undergraduate courses in Europe?

The duration of undergraduate courses in Europe can vary, but most programs are typically 3-4 years in length. Some universities may also offer accelerated programs or options for students to extend their studies for a year abroad.

What is the cost of studying English language undergraduate courses in Europe?

The cost of studying in Europe can vary greatly depending on the country and university. In general, European universities have lower tuition fees compared to universities in the US or UK. Additionally, there may be scholarship opportunities available for international students.

What are the career prospects after completing an English language undergraduate course in Europe?

An undergraduate degree in English language from a European university can open up a variety of career opportunities. Graduates may pursue careers in journalism, teaching, translation, or international business. Additionally, having a degree from a European university can also make you stand out in the job market.