How to Create a Circuit Diagram in PSpice?

• Thread starter mod31489
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary: I needed to solve for r1 r2 and r3.Thanks, I just read through the original problem again, it was mentioned in the very fine print that I needed to solve for r1 r2 and r3.
mod31489
I Need to draw this out in pspice and I'm having trouble accomplishing this.

Attachments

• engg 35.jpg
    engg 35.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 365
Physics news on Phys.org
mod31489 said:
I Need to draw this out in pspice and I'm having trouble accomplishing this.

Welcome to the PF.

What part are you having trouble with? You will need to figure out the inductor values -- you will need to work backwards from their impedance and the frequency of interest.

I'm having trouble converting the inductors back to hertz, I learned how to do it in a circuits class several years ago but I'm pretty rusty at it and am having difficulty figuring out how to do it. Also when drawing it in pspice the middle row of resistors and inductors runs straight into the middle of the resistor, does this mean i attach that to the end points of the inductor? and lastly are the 125V sources in the scematic and what does the other side of the circuit look liike I know the 14kV is just a 14kV dc source but is there any resistors or inductors on that side?

mod31489 said:
I'm having trouble converting the inductors back to hertz, I learned how to do it in a circuits class several years ago but I'm pretty rusty at it and am having difficulty figuring out how to do it. Also when drawing it in pspice the middle row of resistors and inductors runs straight into the middle of the resistor, does this mean i attach that to the end points of the inductor? and lastly are the 125V sources in the scematic and what does the other side of the circuit look liike I know the 14kV is just a 14kV dc source but is there any resistors or inductors on that side?

I believe that the "125V" notations on the secondaries are to tell you the turns ratio of the ideal transformer. You don't add in any other voltage sources there.

On the main input voltage source, just use an AC source. I don't know if SPICE will throw an error with an AC source connected directly only to an inductor (the jprimary inductance), but if it does, just add a high value resistor in parallel with the primary of the transformer.

When you convert the phasor notation for the inductors to their actual inductance (in Henries), you use the formula for the impedance of an inductor versus frequency. If you don't remember that formula offhand, you can just Google the phrase to find it.

I didn't understand your comments about the middle leg of inductor + resistor running into the middle of a "resistor". Do you mean where they are connected to the center tap of the transformer secondary?

yeah the way they are connected to the center tap of the transformer secondary...i don't know how to draw it in spice

Thank You, you've been very helpful and I was just wondering one more thing, how would i solve for r1 r2 and r3

mod31489 said:
Thank You, you've been very helpful and I was just wondering one more thing, how would i solve for r1 r2 and r3

That would depend on what the original problem statement was, or on whatever your goals are for the circuit.

Thanks, I just read through the original problem again, it was mentioned in the very fine print

1. What is ORCAD/PSPICE?

ORCAD/PSPICE is a software tool used for schematic capture, simulation, and design of electronic circuits. It is commonly used by engineers and scientists in the field of electronics to design and test circuit designs before physically building them.

2. What is the purpose of "Drawing Out" in ORCAD/PSPICE?

The purpose of "Drawing Out" in ORCAD/PSPICE is to create a visual representation of the electronic circuit being designed. This allows the user to easily understand and modify the circuit design before simulating and testing it.

3. How do I start "Drawing Out" in ORCAD/PSPICE?

To start "Drawing Out" in ORCAD/PSPICE, you first need to open the software and create a new project. Then, you can use the schematic capture tool to draw out the circuit components and connect them together to create a complete circuit design.

4. Can I simulate my circuit design while "Drawing Out" in ORCAD/PSPICE?

Yes, you can simulate your circuit design while "Drawing Out" in ORCAD/PSPICE. The software allows you to run simulations and analyze the performance of your circuit design in real-time, making it a valuable tool for circuit design and testing.

5. Is "Drawing Out" in ORCAD/PSPICE user-friendly?

Yes, "Drawing Out" in ORCAD/PSPICE is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. The software offers a variety of tools and features to help users easily create and modify circuit designs, making it a popular choice among electronic engineers and scientists.