Where I Am Now: Life After Major Turns and Loss of Closest Friend

• Thread starter Dougggggg
  • Start date
In summary, the protagonist became close with a friend and they started dating. They had a great time one night but after that, things got tense. They broke up and he was hurt but tried to move on. However, he became emotionally abusive and she no longer trusted him. He sent her a happy thanksgiving message and she blocked him on every social media outlet.
Here is a video of a philosophical genius, pay particular attention to his #1 thing to remember towards the end, very stoical. :)

He also has a couple videos on other pressing subjects, they can be found here: Moms and Dads. These last two are off topic but it seems like you need a reason to smile, enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Just learn to be whole without her. If you can do that you will be ready for a relationship whether with or without her.

And NEVER try to figure out why women (or men) do something - particularly when it comes to relationships. Neither really end a relationship for esoteric reasons despite what movies show. They end them because of their gut feeling that it won't work. It took me two years to finally make the break after I knew it was useless so you're not alone in trying to hang on. Just don't sacrifice yourself or your future in the process.

Keep us updated so we know you're OK. This sort of thing is physically painful and actually bad for your health so take care of yourself. Concentrate on things that make you laugh. Laughter is very healing.

Dougggg, trust me on this, assume it's completely over and she will never talk to you again. Give up and move on. That might sound harsh but the "I just need to be alone, maybe someday we can be friends" is just another way of saying it's over. Yes, it's cowardly, but that's the way many people break things off thinking it's easier for the person they're dumping than just telling the truth, that they don't want you. I've made the same mistake when breaking up with men many times, I thought it was a nice way of dumping them.

Maybe she'll change her mind, but I wouldn't count on it.

At this point, I would recommend that you seek professional help as you can't seem to handle the breakup on your own.

Evo said:
At this point, I would recommend that you seek professional help as you can't seem to handle the breakup on your own.

VERY good advice! Professionals can really help you with this. Please consider it.

My counselor is currently out of town for the holidays... That would be part of the plan. I really felt like I was turning the corner before she messaged me again. That has just sort of reopened the wounds. I can recover again, I would just rather not have had to do that. For now, I'm going to start thinking strictly about this trip and my excitement of that. I can ignore pain for a short time if there is something I really focus on.

Dougggggg said:
My counselor is currently out of town for the holidays... That would be part of the plan. I really felt like I was turning the corner before she messaged me again. That has just sort of reopened the wounds. I can recover again, I would just rather not have had to do that. For now, I'm going to start thinking strictly about this trip and my excitement of that. I can ignore pain for a short time if there is something I really focus on.
That sounds like a great plan. Stay focused on good things. A broken heart takes time to heal, but you will heal.