Near end coupling coeffecient problems

• Thread starter Trespaser5
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coupling
In summary, the conversation discusses a formula for Kne and the given values of C, L, and Zo. The speaker also mentions calculating Td using the formula for propagation velocity and dividing the line length into 0.05m. However, there is an issue with the coefficient obtained, as it would result in interference voltage being greater than the driven voltage. The speaker asks for assistance in identifying the mistake.
Trespaser5
I have been given a formula Kne = [itex]\frac{1}{4Td}[/itex](CZo+[itex]\frac{L}{Zo}[/itex])
I've been given C as 10pF and L as 80nH and Zo as 70.7.
I have calculated Td from the formula propogation velocity = 1/[itex]\sqrt{LC}[/itex] and the line capacitance and inductance are 400nH and 80pF and then divided this into 0.05m the line length is given as 50mm.

The problem is I get a coeffcient of 1.64, this can't be correct as it would mean the interference voltage would be greater than the voltage being driven in the aggressor

Anyone see where I'm going wrong ?

Physics news on Phys.org
How about you state the problem in full. Some kind of transmission line thing?

What is the near end coupling coefficient?

The near end coupling coefficient is a measure of the strength of the coupling between two electromagnetic fields that are close to each other. It is commonly used in the analysis of transmission lines and antennas.

How is the near end coupling coefficient calculated?

The near end coupling coefficient can be calculated by dividing the voltage induced in the receiving antenna by the voltage that would be induced in the receiving antenna if it were infinitely far away from the transmitting antenna.

What factors can affect the near end coupling coefficient?

The near end coupling coefficient can be affected by the distance between the transmitting and receiving antennas, the orientation of the antennas, the frequency of the transmitted signal, and the electrical properties of the surrounding environment.

What are some common problems associated with near end coupling coefficient?

Some common problems associated with near end coupling coefficient include interference between different transmission lines or antennas, signal distortion, and reduced signal strength.

How can near end coupling coefficient problems be mitigated?

Near end coupling coefficient problems can be mitigated by using proper shielding and isolation techniques, adjusting the distance and orientation of the antennas, and selecting appropriate frequencies and transmission line properties.