Designing different amplifiers with known gain

In summary, the conversation discusses designing three amplifiers with specific gain values and maximum output current. The focus is on a noninverting amplifier, with the attempt at finding the relationship between input and output voltage. The conversation also mentions not knowing where to start with the other two amplifiers. The solution is suggested to involve understanding the basic properties of opamps, specifically the current flow and voltage difference with negative feedback. A tutorial on opamps is also suggested as a resource.
CSOleson

Homework Statement

I am designing three amplifiers:
1. is an noninverting amplifier with G=200
2. is an inverting amplifier with G=-50
3. is a summing amplifier with V(out)--50V(in1)-3V(in2)-15(Vin3)

all problems i(outmax)=2mA

So far the only problem I have figured anything about is the noninverting amplifier. I still cannot seem to find a way to relate Vin and Vout with what I know. I got as far as finding G=i(out)R(2)
Where do I go from here?

Homework Equations

1. i(out)=i(2)=V(out)/(R(1)+R(2))

The Attempt at a Solution

The second two problems I don't know where to start with them.

Physics news on Phys.org
CSOleson said:

Homework Statement

I am designing three amplifiers:
1. is an noninverting amplifier with G=200
2. is an inverting amplifier with G=-50
3. is a summing amplifier with V(out)--50V(in1)-3V(in2)-15(Vin3)

all problems i(outmax)=2mA

So far the only problem I have figured anything about is the noninverting amplifier. I still cannot seem to find a way to relate Vin and Vout with what I know. I got as far as finding G=i(out)R(2)
Where do I go from here?

Homework Equations

1. i(out)=i(2)=V(out)/(R(1)+R(2))

The Attempt at a Solution

The second two problems I don't know where to start with them.

What are the two basic properties of opamps that you use to figure out the gain of different configurations? One property has to do with the current that flows into the + and - terminals, and the other property has to do with the voltage difference between the + and - input when the opamp has negative feedback connected...

1. What is the purpose of designing different amplifiers with known gain?

The purpose of designing different amplifiers with known gain is to achieve a specific level of amplification for a given input signal. This is important in many applications, such as in audio systems or in communication systems.

2. What are the key factors to consider when designing amplifiers with known gain?

The key factors to consider when designing amplifiers with known gain include the input signal level, the desired output signal level, the frequency range of the signal, the power supply voltage, and the impedance of the load.

3. How do you determine the gain of an amplifier?

The gain of an amplifier can be determined by taking the ratio of the output voltage to the input voltage. This is usually expressed in decibels (dB) and can be calculated by taking the log of the output voltage divided by the input voltage, multiplied by 20.

4. What are the different types of amplifiers that can be designed with known gain?

There are various types of amplifiers that can be designed with known gain, such as operational amplifiers (op-amps), transimpedance amplifiers, and differential amplifiers. Each type has its own specific characteristics and applications.

5. How can you improve the gain of an amplifier?

The gain of an amplifier can be improved by using feedback techniques, such as negative feedback. This helps to reduce distortion and increase stability of the amplifier. Additionally, using higher quality components and proper circuit design can also improve the gain of an amplifier.