Help Needed: Seeking Sixth Edition of CALCULUS Early Transcendentals

• Thread starter FrogPad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary: I used to be really good but I stopped a while back.In summary, the person asked for problems with the book, but did not mention a phone number or where to find them. They also mentioned that they used to be good at the game, but stopped playing a while back.
FrogPad
First off, I'm sorry for even asking this.

But if anyone happens to have the book:
CALCULUS
Early Transcendentals
Sixth Edition
(It's green the green one)

could you possibly post the following problems for me?
Section 16.6 #11-16, 25, 26

I have the old edition and until now we haven't had to do any problems out of the book (just online). I don't want the answers, I just need the questions. I would be so freaking appreciative if anyone does that. Thank you, and again sorry to even bother you guys with a question like this.

Physics news on Phys.org
just go to your nearest university bookstore and jot it down =] sorry i got the 3rd or 4th

hehe ok.
Sorry about that, I was basically being lazy. I have finals right now, so I figured ahh what the hell, I'll just ask :smile:. Really it'll probably take the same amount of time to walk over there and write it down (as it did to type up the original post :)

Shoot--- I have the book, but all those problems you want have an accompanying figure--- my scanner is on the fritz too :(

Sorry man--- parametric surfaces will most of the time require you to look at a picture.

I frickin went to the bookstore today, and they had all the books blocked off for some reason. They wouldn't let me copy anything out of the books :( Why I say? ... who cares... I went to the library too, and they only had the third edition. So that sucks... anyways, there is another bookstore so I think I'll just head over there.

But, I do have a quick question for you:
Do the problems have an expression and a graph? Or are they just graphs? Because all I have to do is graph those problems in Maple. So if they have expressions and you feel like being extra nice and typing those in here for me :). If they need the graphs then don't worry about it. I don't want anyone to have to scan something for me. Thanks for even looking.

-cheers

Do you not know anyone else in the class with the 6th edition? That would perhaps be the easiest way :)

hey frogpad do you play starcraft?

Yeah I would get the problems from someone in class, but... I don't have any of there phone numbers, and the assignment is due tomorrow. :(

starcraft :)
hehe, I haven't played that game in a REALLY long time. It was a great game though.

Me too I play as well.

1. What is the sixth edition of CALCULUS Early Transcendentals?

The sixth edition of CALCULUS Early Transcendentals is a textbook used in college-level calculus courses. It covers topics such as limits, derivatives, integrals, and applications of calculus.

2. What makes the sixth edition different from previous editions?

The sixth edition has been updated with new examples, exercises, and real-world applications. It also includes improved explanations and visuals to help students better understand the material.

3. Who is the author of the sixth edition of CALCULUS Early Transcendentals?

The sixth edition of CALCULUS Early Transcendentals is written by James Stewart, a mathematician and professor emeritus at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada. He has written numerous textbooks and is well-known for his contributions to the field of calculus.

4. Is the sixth edition suitable for self-study or is it meant for classroom use?

The sixth edition can be used for both self-study and in a classroom setting. It provides clear explanations and a variety of practice problems for students to work through on their own, but it can also be used in conjunction with lectures and discussions in a classroom.

5. Does the sixth edition cover all the topics in a standard calculus course?

Yes, the sixth edition of CALCULUS Early Transcendentals covers all the essential topics in a standard calculus course, including differential and integral calculus, applications of derivatives and integrals, and techniques of integration. It also includes additional topics such as polar coordinates, vector calculus, and series.