MS Word and keeping pasted text to original default format

In summary, the conversation suggests three ways to keep pasted text in its original default format in MS Word. These include using the "paste special" option, pasting the text into Notepad before copying and pasting into Word, or using the format painter tool.
Genecks
MS Word and keeping pasted text to original default format...

Is there a way I can just highlight text to turn into the original default font or is there a way I can stop MS Word from allowing the format of different texts to be applied to the original default?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I haven't used Word in forever, but if I recall correctly, when you paste the text, a box should appear in the lower right-hand corner of the text. Click on it, and a menu drops down with the option to use the formatting or to simply paste plain text, in whatever format the rest of the document is already in. That way, you can avoid having to undo the strange fonts and bullet-points or whatever else is normally imported with the text.

If I understand the problem correctly, here are 3 ideas
  • Paste special... unformatted text.
  • Paste to notepad, then copy-paste to Word.
  • Paste. Use format painter.

1. How can I prevent MS Word from changing the format of pasted text?

To keep pasted text in its original default format, you can use the "Keep Text Only" paste option. This can be found under the "Paste" dropdown menu or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + V.

2. Why does MS Word change the font and size of pasted text?

MS Word automatically applies the formatting of the destination document to pasted text. This can cause the font and size to change. To prevent this, use the "Keep Text Only" paste option or adjust the formatting of the destination document before pasting.

3. Is there a way to make MS Word always paste text in the original format?

Yes, you can change the default paste settings in MS Word. Go to the "Advanced" options and under the "Cut, copy, and paste" section, select "Keep Text Only" as the default paste option.

4. Can I paste text from a different program into MS Word without changing the format?

Yes, you can use the "Keep Text Only" paste option to paste text from other programs into MS Word without changing the format. You can also use the "Paste Special" option to choose the format of the pasted text.

5. How can I paste text in a different format without changing the rest of the document?

You can use the "Paste Special" option in MS Word to choose the format of the pasted text. This will prevent the rest of the document from being affected by the new format. Additionally, you can use the "Keep Source Formatting" paste option, which will keep the original formatting of the pasted text but may still change the formatting of other elements in the document, such as spacing and indentation.