Please make it possible to have instant email notification to forums

• Thread starter tdod
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is interested in being notified by email when people post to specific forums. They have discovered that they can subscribe to threads and receive email notifications, but are wondering if there is a way to be notified of new threads being started in a particular forum. It is mentioned that this can be done by subscribing to a forum's RSS feed and using an aggregator like Feedburner.
tdod
I plan on becoming active in answering questions. Consequently, I would like to be instantly alerted (by email) when people post to certain forums.

If possible, i greatly appreciate it.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think subscribing that thread will do that.

Yes, you can select in your personal options to be notified by email to any posts in every thread to which you have subscribed. When you post in a thread yourself, you have automatically subscribed.

In other words, the forum already does what you want, you just haven't explored the options.

tdod may be asking if there is a way to be notified of any new threads being started in a particular forum. [STRIKE]AFAIK, there is no way to do that.[/STRIKE]

EDIT -- See Greg's post below.

Last edited:

1. What is instant email notification for forums?

Instant email notification for forums is a feature that allows users to receive an email notification whenever there is a new post or reply on a forum thread they are subscribed to. This saves users the trouble of constantly checking the forum for updates.

2. How does instant email notification work?

When a user subscribes to a forum thread, they will receive an email notification every time there is a new post or reply on that thread. This notification will include a link to the new content, making it easy for the user to access and stay updated on the forum.

3. Why is instant email notification important?

Instant email notification is important because it allows users to stay updated on forum discussions without having to constantly check the forum. This can save time and ensure that users do not miss any important information or updates.

4. Can instant email notification be customized?

Yes, instant email notification can be customized. Users can choose to receive notifications for all new posts and replies, or only for specific threads they are subscribed to. They can also choose the frequency of the notifications, such as receiving a daily summary or instant notifications for each new post.

5. How can I enable instant email notification for forums?

The process for enabling instant email notification may vary depending on the forum platform being used. Generally, there should be an option to subscribe to a thread or forum, and users can choose to receive email notifications. It is also important to make sure that the correct email address is linked to the forum account to receive notifications.